Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

CSR8645 Bluetooth 4.0 AAC APT-X Module / Baseboard
CSR8645 Bluetooth 4.0 AAC APT-X Module / Baseboard
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th June 2017, 10:42 PM   #271
andmat20 is offline andmat20
diyAudio Member

Hello again, it has been while since I posted here last time. Last time i destroyed 2 modules while trying to reprogram them with FTDI so this time I want to go another way. Are cheap (this one for example) CSR USB-FTDI are any good? Also this time I want to use this module with I2S DAC and amplifier, and it would be nice to have some buttons to control it, so any advices with this?
Old 17th June 2017, 02:02 PM   #272
fredlorry is offline fredlorry
diyAudio Member

Hello, a complete newbie here
I've bought chinese board with CSR8645 soldered to it.
There is an auxillary output, a mic input, nicely organised connectors plus some logic to let auxillary passthrough while there is no bluetooth playback, also it accepts power in range from ~10V to ~30V.
Is there a way to use bluetooth serial port to configure 8645? As for the starting point I want to change its bluetooth name.
I don't have any soldering skills and any flashing/connection boards. SPI/FTDI/I2C, all those things are a complete new world to me. However I can code in C/C++, Python and not scared with possibility of some console/command promt action.
I've already acquired BlueSuite 2.5 and CSR86XX ROM config tools and willing to learn, thanks in advance x)
P.S. There is an image in attachment for understanding what kind of board I've got.
Old 19th June 2017, 12:30 AM   #273
andmat20 is offline andmat20
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredlorry View Post
Hello, a complete newbie here
I've bought chinese board with CSR8645 soldered to it.
There is an auxillary output, a mic input, nicely organised connectors plus some logic to let auxillary passthrough while there is no bluetooth playback, also it accepts power in range from ~10V to ~30V.
Is there a way to use bluetooth serial port to configure 8645? As for the starting point I want to change its bluetooth name.
I don't have any soldering skills and any flashing/connection boards. SPI/FTDI/I2C, all those things are a complete new world to me. However I can code in C/C++, Python and not scared with possibility of some console/command promt action.
I've already acquired BlueSuite 2.5 and CSR86XX ROM config tools and willing to learn, thanks in advance x)
P.S. There is an image in attachment for understanding what kind of board I've got.
HI, if you want to screw around with settings you must have programator (like that one in my post above) or hack Ftdi board but this burned 2 my 8645
Old 6th July 2017, 11:37 PM   #274
alexfe is offline alexfe
diyAudio Member

Default Streaming from USB stick via bluetooth

Hello,
Trying to find a solution to stream mp3 from USB stick to an external audiosystem, e.g. car media, Bluetooth speaker or wireless headphones. Wonder if CSR8645 is the chip which can do that? All threads I read so far were about using the chip as Bluetooth receiver. Can it read from USB and stream?

Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 02:00 PM   #275
doctormord is offline doctormord  Germany
diyAudio Member

No, it can't. VS1053 might be a solution.
Old 9th August 2017, 01:01 AM   #276
tangoviking is offline tangoviking
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosak View Post
Thanks slavj. I sorted the problem a while after my post but couldn't find a delete or edit post option. Actually POWER_EN must not be connected permanently as it doesn't pair that way. CSR8645 must be powered up first and then get POWER_EN.
Thanks rosak and slavj your comments helped me out.

Interestingly on my module v2.0 F-3188 I had to do like slavj suggested. And it has no issues pairing. If i disconnect POWER_EN it will drop connection. I paired another device too and did not have to power down, re-pair or reset module.

A bit strange behaviour and not sure if it's supposed to be like this.. but I can live with it. I hooked it up to a small differential->single end board (found on Ali) and it outputs L/G/R to my amp.
Old 3rd November 2017, 10:22 AM   #277
German1212 is offline German1212
diyAudio Member

Hi, everyone!

I am new in diy audio, sorry for my questions and my English

So, I have a chip csr8645 (F-3188). I build power system and line out like in this case - CSR8635 - ElectroDragon

Everything works great, leds works, connection works, line out works, sound very clear too, but I have some issue. On my chip "sleep mode" is ON. When music stop playing, after few seconds module go to sleep, and then this is happening, I hear terrible click on my speakers.

First time, I think about bad power system. I tried different power options, but it is not fix my problem.

I think all problem with "sleep mode", Am I correct?
And how switch off this mode? Only with programming board (SPI - USB)? or may be you know different ways fix this problem?

Thanks for your help!
Old 12th November 2017, 10:26 AM   #278
linuxfan is offline linuxfan  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctormord View Post
Do you know any source for small 8675 modules?
Hi doctormord, well it's been over a year since you asked about the availability of these bluetooth chips. I now see them on AliExpress:
CSR8675 module - 12 Euros
BTM875 B / CSR8675 Stereo Bluetooth Audio Module Module SPDIF Fiber I2S / aptx hd-in Replacement Parts from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

CSR8675 development board - 26 Euros
CSR8675 development board dedicated core switching board (including development information/ADK4.2)-in FM Transmitters from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

I know that your aim is I2S output, but I see that one of the output options of the CSR8675 chip is s/pdif, and this would be useful for those of us who have multiple inputs on our DAC's, and the I2S input is already occupied by some other source!
Old 6th December 2017, 07:46 PM   #279
snoopy33 is offline snoopy33  Ajman
diyAudio Member

Hi,

I just started playing with csr8645 (F-3188). It looks like the sleep mode is going to be annoying, it appears if unconnected it will eventually require the EN "button" to be clicked to wake it up.

Regarding this input, I also had the same issue on power on, it was hit and miss whether the unit would immediately standby. To resolve I stuck a 15k resistor from EN to gnd (along with the 10k from +Ve to EN) to give about 1.9v at the input (I use 3.3v) and then a 33uF from EN to GND. This works.

Regards,

Andrew

Last edited by snoopy33; 6th December 2017 at 07:51 PM.
Old Yesterday, 04:00 PM   #280
lenish is offline lenish
diyAudio Member

I am a noob here, I bought one module yesterday and have an amplifier which has LM7805 5Volt regulator how can i hook up the module to this power supply, Please help

CSR8645 Bluetooth 4.0 AAC APT-X Module / BaseboardHide this!Advertise here!