i need PA delay line , adjustable - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th January 2016, 02:27 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default i need PA delay line , adjustable

i have been reading , and i think that this should be fairly simple using lets say behringer uca202 for adc and dac ,and laptop for memory and control, only thing is i cant find any software for doing this ,what can i do ,its cheap diy PA so i want this to be cheap solution too

basicaly i will conect fill speakers at distance around 20 meters , could all pass filter work in this case? becouse i need adjustable

thank you for help.
Old 25th January 2016, 04:30 PM   #2
Eldam is offline Eldam  France
diyAudio Member

Well if you have a basic PC left you can attach it to Behringer/speakers but controll it with your laptop from your 20 meter via RemoteDesktopProtocol or any soft doing this job !

Free if you have the PC already ! via wifi or with a 20 meter category 5 wire and a basic switch/router (20 euros)
Old 25th January 2016, 08:25 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

no problem with getting signal 20 meters away, have both balanced and regular option. have problem of how to get signal in computer memory wait for adjusted ammount of time, then play it back, only need pc software (what works on windows) that can do that. i cant find if that kind of software exist, only found some software with minimum delay of 0.1s what is too much for 20 meters.
Old 28th January 2016, 05:33 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Hello,
I think foobar has a plugin in the DSP manager that allows for this 'Channel Mixer' in the Delays tab. You can specify for 5.1 sources too iirc.
If you need a pre-configured foobar2000 in useable state let me know and I can upload my install
Attached Images
File Type: jpg capture-5.jpg (26.1 KB, 50 views)

Last edited by giro1991; 28th January 2016 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Obsessive compulsive disorder
Old 28th January 2016, 07:59 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

wait what, using foobar for this is possible ?? woow, thank you i will try it myself and when i fail i will contact for help , only need stereo input and output but if there is 5.1 option that will be useful one day too, thank you very very much
Old 28th January 2016, 08:10 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

yep cant find that addon with that same window,please send ,thank you....EDIT , no need i found it was third party addon,thank you very much EDIT2, it works fine but cant use it as realtime processor of input sound

Last edited by tonitonitoni; 28th January 2016 at 08:20 PM.
Old 28th January 2016, 08:32 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Try foo_record with it.
Old 28th January 2016, 10:44 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

hm it works but it seems foo record has its own delay of 2 seconds
Old 28th January 2016, 11:18 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Hi,
Uh foobar has a buffer, default its set high at around 1500ms IIRC. Try lowering that.
Old 29th January 2016, 11:07 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

will try to use free vst, with some delay plugins which have adjustable 0-500msec delay, with dry signal turned off i think it should work with asio drivers, if not then i will try foobar with asio and foo record. will post here later if i find solution

Hide this!Advertise here!