Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

freeDSP main thread
freeDSP main thread
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th June 2017, 12:10 PM   #11
Mayday is offline Mayday  Sweden
diyAudio Member

freeDSP main thread
Thank you for the link, I will read through it properly.
I need to get the speakers up and running first (re-cap the crossovers) and install a softstart in the power amp driving the woofers before I can take any measurements.
Old 26th July 2017, 03:12 PM   #12
DerH3RB3RT is offline DerH3RB3RT
diyAudio Member

German below!

Hi,
I want to build a 'freeDSP Classic BAL A' for my speaker-system. I made a request on itead.cc for building the whole PCBA but say said that they need another BOM List than that which is on GitHub.
That's why I want to ask, if I can use the 'freeDSP Classic' Part List and what do I have to change to have all parts needed. (I need this on Digikey but any other source is as well welcome, I can copy that my own to Digikey).

German:

Hi,
ich möchte mehrere 'freeDSP Classic BAL A' für mein Lautsprechersystem herstellen lassen (hier: itead.cc als PCBA). Nach dem ich alle Dateien von GitHub für die Bestellung angegebene hatte, wurde mir gesagt, dass die BOM Liste im falschen Format mit falschen Infos sei.
Aus diesem Grund Frage ich hier, ob man die Part Liste der 'freeDSP Classic' benutzen kann und was man ändern muss, damit ich alle Teile für die 'freeDSP Classic BAL A' bestellen kann. (Anbesten bei Digikey aber ich kann die Teile auch von anderen Webseiten dort hin übertragen).

Last edited by DerH3RB3RT; 26th July 2017 at 03:28 PM.
Old 28th August 2017, 01:09 PM   #13
fruityman is offline fruityman
diyAudio Member

Hi.
I have two freeDSP classic modules.
I connecet them by attached schematic.
My idea is to use first freedsp as main DSP. The second one as ADC converter for more analog inputs.
Į connected 3,3v to 3,3V;
GND to GND
SDATA out1 from secont to SDATA IN from main board.
BCLK OUT from main to BCLK IN to second.
the clock jumper from second board is on external mode.
sigma project configured. But i have no CLOCK on second board.
Can sombody help me? Maybe i connected wrong pins? How sinchronise boards on the same CLK?
Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled.png (73.9 KB, 221 views)
Old 13th November 2017, 10:34 AM   #14
tuck1s is offline tuck1s  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default CS8422 boards? FreeDSP "SPDIF In"

Hi,
I'm looking for a way to explore the CS8422 (standalone, rather than necessarily using the FreeDSP).

With my limited SM soldering skills was hoping there's a board out there that will make things easier. I found this:

freeDSP | An Open-Source Low-Budget Audio DSP
I/O expansions:

with the documentation here
freeDSPx AES:SPDIF IN - Google Docs

and that looks excellent. I wouldn't need the XLR, the pots and switches. Just a bare board, possibly with the SMD fitted, would be great.

Anyone else interested?
Old 20th November 2017, 08:04 PM   #15
steve738de is offline steve738de
diyAudio Member

Hi, hat irgend jemand einen Schaltplan fürs SigmaStudio mit dem er ein nanoDSP programmiert hat das auch funktioniert?
Old 20th November 2017, 08:06 PM   #16
Mooly is offline Mooly  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator

freeDSP main thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve738de View Post
Hi, hat irgend jemand einen Schaltplan fürs SigmaStudio mit dem er ein nanoDSP programmiert hat das auch funktioniert?

English only please Steve.

Quote:
Hi, does anyone have a schematic for the SigmaStudio with which he programmed a nanoDSP that also works?
Old 20th November 2017, 08:45 PM   #17
steve738de is offline steve738de
diyAudio Member

sorry
Old 9th December 2017, 02:22 PM   #18
JayShoe is offline JayShoe  United States
diyAudio Member

Does anyone else find the organization of the FreeDSP project a bit daunting? Finding the bits of each sub-project is difficult.
Old 9th December 2017, 02:42 PM   #19
freedsp is offline freedsp  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayShoe View Post
Does anyone else find the organization of the FreeDSP project a bit daunting? Finding the bits of each sub-project is difficult.
The table on the bottom of our website shows the relevant source files for each sub-project.

There's a GIT repository for each sub-project. All GIT repositories share a common structure.

There's a Getting-Started-Guide for the main sub-projects available.

If someone's offering ready-built devices or kits, we will also provide a link on our website.

What would you recommend? We're always open to suggestions :-)
Old 9th December 2017, 02:55 PM   #20
JayShoe is offline JayShoe  United States
diyAudio Member

Hello and thank you for your response.

I'm sorry to be critical I've been looking at FreeDSP for a long time now. I just didn't want to hijack this thread. I think that's were my confusion starts. The fact there is no permanent section for FreeDSP on the forum makes it difficult to decipher where the projects are being discussed. My confusion is that when I look at the website I see a bunch of projects but some of them I simply can't find any information about them. I suppose they are spread around through this Diyaudio forum.... But not seemingly organized into a neat section so i can browse around them.

For example, the INSANITY or LUMIÈRE. Where are they being discussed? :-)

Again, not to hijack this thread. But I'm deep into the research of trying to figure out how to make a USB Soundcard, with a built in DSP. So the idea is to have USB OTG (slave device) connected to a PC, playing audio through USB Audio, into the DSP, processed, and then outputted through to the DAC. I'm trying to look at all the FreeDSP projects, and determine if any of them can do that. Any advice?

I'm also interested in contributing an expansion card for the FreeDSP family (if I can find out that we can accomplish the above) which would be based on the TLV320AIC3104 codec chips. (because they are cheap, and flexible. My project requires just that). Would you be interested in having an expansion board that had 4x3104 chips so it would produce an 8x8 balanced/single ended card with built in mic/instrument gain?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by JayShoe; 9th December 2017 at 02:59 PM.

freeDSP main threadHide this!Advertise here!