Advice on upgrading DAC to USB input

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

I'm looking to convert an small laptop that has only USB outs to a music server. I have set up other PC's for this type of service but they have always had optical or SPDIF outs so it was not an issue for my DACs. The area that I want to use it in is small so a compact laptop is ideal, a big PC wouldn't fit. I currently am using a Twisted Pear Opus DAC that has optical and coax SPDIF inputs. I like this DAC and would like to find an easy solution to go from USB to I2S that I could pop in the box. Most of my music is redbook, but I'd like the ability to stream higher res off the net. Looking around I see that there are a lot possible solutions including some newer ones using the new XMOS chips. I'm looking for some advice on a solution to give me the best sound going from USB into my DAC.

Thanks,

Paul

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.