Room equalization with Aida DSP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I wish I could add an application for room equalization for the open source
project Aida DSP.
I've started reading here
https://www.minidsp.com/applications/digital-room-correction/drc-basics
and then here
Transfer function modeling and equalization by fixed-pole parallel filters

It seems that the measurement of the room response has to be done by Pc with audio card + Mic. Then you generate the desired compensation curve and
try to approximate it with a cascade of IIR filters, which run on DSP hardware.

I can do an application for Arduino that load DSP coefficients after a room measurement, but I need really someone who just tried some
of the existing algorithms.
The final application will be opensource and will run on Aida DSP board which is ADAU1701 based.

Thank you! :)

Room eq whizard
REW - Room EQ Wizard Room Acoustics Software
EQ part generates the IIR filters.

Good, this program is exactly what I was searching for. Thank you.
Now, using this program I noticed with equalizer "generic" it saves filter
coefficients in a .req format, which is not a plain text file. Please notice also with "generic" settings you have ~20 biquad sections. When you select "miniDSP" as eq, it generates only 6 biquad sections but are saved in a plain text file, which probably is then loaded by miniDSP software application.
My point is, ADAU1701 (used in miniDSP and Aida DSP) is not such limited
to require only 6 biquad sections. I can run easily 20 biquad sections on this hardware. So I'm going to contact SW author to find a way of exporting eq coefficients to Aida DSP with Arduino.
A typical scenario would be REW generates filter coeff after room measurement, then talks directly to Arduino via serial protocol to update eq settings or a third party program parse the .txt file and then
send via serial port to Arduino.
Seems interesting, tell me your opinion! ;)

:cheers:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.