Help With TDA1541 DAC Needed.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

I've built the attached circuit but can't get it to work.

Well, that's not strictly true.........!

Initially, like an idiot I had mounted C34 the wrong way around so it started to bulge!
I also had an open circuit L2. This caused no Left Channel output, however, whilst on the very first test I did have good Right Channel output. I didn't imagine it !

Upon re-testing after replacing C34 and fitting a new L2 I now get no output from either Channel.

All supplies seem good and the Clocks and Data inputs are present.
If connected to an Amp with its Volume at Max I can hear some (-thing resembling) output but it sounds distorted.

The output circuit is from the Philips CD160 with a few component value changes to shift the 44kHz notch filter up to around the 100kHz mark as I planned to feed this with up to 96kHz Signals (I think the WM8805 would output 192kHz but not sure the TDA1541 would cope with it).

Any ideas as to what I've done wrong? As I say, I swear I had good Right Channel for about 2 minutes on that initial test !

All help gratefully appreciated.

James.

Attachments

• DAC Schematic.pdf
    117.2 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.