Capturing I2s audio signals from DSP before DAC in Pioneer 80prs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm not an EE or circuit design expert by any means, The most I've done
is modify a few game consoles, fixed a few televisions, PC's Etc.

What I would like to do is capture the i2s audio signals from the DSP (AKM ak7732VT) and get those to a converter to change them to SPDIF format to feed them into an outboard DSP (HelixpsixDSP, Etc) Ive been looking at the TI DIT4192 and WM8804 to do these conversions. The reason for me wanting to go this way is so that I can get audio from every source instead of just the CD player/SD card slot. FM isn't important.

It has been recommended to use premade interfaces for this project Minidigi and a few others but I think they are too big to use in my project because I would like to have the small PCB inside the headunit and just plug a optical cable in the rear to make it look as if it came this way from the factory.

I have been reading the datasheets for the DIT4192 and I have 80PRS service manual, That is how I learned what ICs are contained within and where to possibly capture my signals.

I have installed KiCad on my laptop and have started placing the DIT4192 on the schematic, where do I go from here is kinda where I am at right now.
If someone could give me some pointers or even tell me I'm bat **** crazy and just the preouts, I can accept that, but this is something I want badly and have been up for the last few weeks trying to gain insight on how to undertake the project.

From every post I've been linked to by running various searches in google has shown me there are VERY knowledgeable people hear and I would love for one of you to rub that knowledge off on me. Thanks in advance!

What I would like to do is capture the i2s audio signals from the DSP (AKM ak7732VT) and get those to a converter to change them to SPDIF format to feed them into an outboard DSP (HelixpsixDSP, Etc) Ive been looking at the TI DIT4192 and WM8804 to do these conversions. The reason for me wanting to go this way is so that I can get audio from every source instead of just the CD player/SD card slot. FM isn't important.

YouTube

DSCN7026.JPG

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.