TDA1541A Diy Pcb - "Distinction-1541 v2"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
No, this is one of the reasons that is holding me back from sharing a PCB, I will definitely run it by him before I consider doing such a thing. I was mainly just thinking of making a personal PCB for my own system.

Jjazz, I had a look for the schematics and couldn't find it. Ill attach something similar to what im currently using. The only difference is its configured as SEN not CEN.

Ryan

Attachments

• SEN with CCS 2mA.jpg
    SEN with CCS 2mA.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 385
Last edited:
I bought the pcb and I welded the pieces (have to review any)

I believe that in order to know if everything works properly and does not spoil the dac chip tda1541A is necessary to weld some resistance and measure the voltage. I refer to this. What resistance and tensions which is necessary to measure?, if I am not mistaken is the way to check if everything is soldered correctly. I don't have much experience in this, I am rather an assembler.

I prefer to use the already welded pcb, so I'm on the interest list, but as there is no date I will run the risk of test which I have welded.

Thanks a lot

Hi Jjazz,

Yes it is recommended to check the voltages before you put in the 1541 chip. Use dummy loads to test the regs.

Use:
180R for +5 and - 5
510R for -15

If you dont have exact values dont worry, approximate values will be ok.

I'll update you on the populated PCB very soon.

Ryan

Joined 2016
Paid Member
Hi Ryan

I’m sure it is on this thread somewhere. I’ve tried the search function and manually looking through pages. But run out of patience.

Can you please direct me to an example (part number?) of the connectors you have used for the signals. I have direct experience of them only when I’ve come across them inside a commercial product but I’ve not known what they are called or what size to look for.

Thanks

Hi Ryan

I’m sure it is on this thread somewhere. I’ve tried the search function and manually looking through pages. But run out of patience.

Can you please direct me to an example (part number?) of the connectors you have used for the signals. I have direct experience of them only when I’ve come across them inside a commercial product but I’ve not known what they are called or what size to look for.

Thanks

Hi Clayton,

I always solder wires directly to the pads.

The pitch is 2.5mm.

Sorry but I'm not sure what connector you could use for this. I've always assumed soldering the best and lowest impedance method - which may or may not be an accurate assumption.

Let us know what you find.

Ryan

Joined 2016
Paid Member
Hi Clayton,

I always solder wires directly to the pads.

The pitch is 2.5mm.

Sorry but I'm not sure what connector you could use for this. I've always assumed soldering the best and lowest impedance method - which may or may not be an accurate assumption.

Let us know what you find.

Ryan

I’m confused. And maybe not being clear, because you already have connectors on the board for bck le/ws data etc. These are the things I’m referring to. There are not solder tabs there are mini little SMA I think they are called?

I need to know what the thing is to match to those connectors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.