Any thoughts on the Cirrus Logic CS4351?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2014
I'm curious if any member here has tried the Cirrus CS4351 (there's absolutely nothing when I search for it here) and used it in their designs. While it is an older chip, it has what I think are the best specs I've seen for a DAC with a built-in line driver (112db SNR and -100db THD). The only problem I see is that it requires a 9 to 12V power supply, but that shouldn't be a problem if the DAC is powered by the wall anyways and not by USB.

Since I don't have much experience with opamps and output stages so far, designing with these "easier" chips with a built in line driver are a safer bet. I've worked with the TI PCM5102A recently, and it was great expect for clipping at high levels.

Has anyone here tried this chip? How does it sound? I have seen almost nothing about it online as well, with the only exception being this review of the Micromega MyDAC.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.