TDA1545 vs 1543 and 1541

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Among the Philips multibit chips the TDA1543 and 1541 became very popular in the DIY community, while the TDA1545A did not.

It is more recent than the others and seems to share the ease of implementation with the 1543 (even if it needs a active I/V stage) while providing superior performance.

I got incredible results with my 1543 DAC and I'm going to try the 1541 out, but stumbled on Pefeu's site and now I'm really tempted to try the 1545 also to see which performs best.

Did anyone have the possibility to make a comparison between these DACs?

I'm waiting for suggestions...

Cheers

Andrea

Andypairo said:
Among the Philips multibit chips the TDA1543 and 1541 became very popular in the DIY community, while the TDA1545A did not.

It is more recent than the others and seems to share the ease of implementation with the 1543 (even if it needs a active I/V stage) while providing superior performance.

I got incredible results with my 1543 DAC and I'm going to try the 1541 out, but stumbled on Pefeu's site and now I'm really tempted to try the 1545 also to see which performs best.

I'm waiting for suggestions...

Cheers

Andrea

Hi Andrea,
I tried all of them NON-OS. The TDA1545A sounds very much like the TDA1541. I prefer the TDA1543 though.
The TDA1543 is in Scott Nixons DAC and numerous DIYprojects.
http://home.triad.rr.com/scottnixon/dac.htm
The TDA1545 is in the Ack Dack by Chris Owen.
http://ack.dhs.org/

:cool:

Konnichiwa,

Andypairo said:

Yes, several someones did. The opinions diverge. Those who like the 1541 also like the 1545 and the 1543 less. Those who like the 1543 over the 1541 also like the 1545 less than 1543.

To me the 1541 is still tops.

Sayonara

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.