Luckit wave io and tda1541

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ah, so with 5 V it's also ok as wrote, but not with the same PS than the Wav I/O one (because same ground = no isolation though it will work as the chip is feeded but will isolate nothing if taken from the Wave I/O 5V PS !).

I don't know if it's work for a value between 3.3 V and 5 V ?

Ah you use the spidf input ! I just have been understanding.

It's a much better board for USB input !

With those old chips it's recall me what some good designer says about it with TDA1541... If you look at what Pedja Rogic can do with a CS8014 spidf chip... sounds good despite the say jitter (which is not so bad btw for the bass in relation too what you measure about the jitter here !). Some prefer the CS8014 (discontinued) with this chip than the DIR tou talked about ! I should source if you such a chip...or just the old chip, could be posssible to find the DIR...).

But If you talk about the usb input i have no particular problem with the board : sounds good ! Some prefer the non isolated side with the tda1541 but don't notice too much problems as you do.

You can source it at Farnel, Digikey, Mouser, etc.

The input of New2hifi is correct.

Not cheap, but worth it : same length which is important for I2S signal (choose the shortest you can : 4" most of the time !)

If you choose farnell, take alqo some Rhopoint 516g wirewound resistor for the passive i/v for your tda1541 and some Rubycon ZLG for the caps around it or for the analog stage.

I have order some u.fl cables from U.K. I think they will arive next week. I also change my I/V stage to a Takman resistor @ 62 ohm. I think i will change it back to Kiwawi (?) 75 ohm to see IF that change the sound too. I know that is a high value for I/V resistor..
I tried 3 diffrent usb/spdif card tonight. All did sound diffrent from the other..i think, to my ears, that JarekC sound best. But i have problems with that card.
Regards//Daniel

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.