Does any one have useful distortion and S/N specs on Najda?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If someone wants to pay roundtrip shipping I'd be willing to measure. However, my audio interface uses the same -100dB THD 114dB SnR Cirrus parts as (I think) the Nadja, so in the best case all I'd be able to do is indicate parity with my measurement floor. If WAF made implementation errors and degraded performance I'd be able to catch that, albeit to limited extent if there is only a couple dB reduction.

For a more capable investigation one can hire Neurochrome Audio's APx525 based measurement service.

I am interested in getting one, but have been denied any real documentation from the company. No graphs of any kind.

Anyone got any distortion and noise specs?

If not, any one willing to do the testing and report it?

For anyone interested in the Najda parameters, here they are for reference from a test on youtube:

noise: - 120 dB after the analogue DAC section

harmonics: 2nd and 3rd harmonic -102 dB higher harmonics well below -120dB

THD: between 0.001 - 0.004% depending on frequency

jitter: +/- 5 nanosec

The values are from a youtube vidoe from "jipihorn" in French - I hope I understood correctly as my French is a bit rusty. The tester in the youtube video likes the Najda board, especially as the price is competitive. One thing I am a bit concerned about is that while the sample rate can be 96 and 192 kHz for improved DSP calculation precision, the audio bandwidth is limited to 24 kHz by an internal sample rate converter FIR (?) filter, so 96 kHz source material will be filtered to 48 kHz. This probably is not a big problem (Shannon theorem) and may even protect us from intermodulation distortion of supersonic frequencies in the power amplifier. The noise and THD seems to be very good, and while the jitter is not exceptional it is also good enough, as even the listeners heartbeat introduced larger jitter. I really like the flexible gain structure of the board and the analogue volume control! Very tempted to buy a Najda.

The other board mentioned in this thread seems to have fantastic specifications, but the developer already said "not to expect minidsp prices" so I guess it will be quite a bit more expensive and will take a while until it is available; also the software bugs usually take years to be ironed out.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.