mating Lampizator Amber DAC kit to TDA 1541

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Good day gents,

I was thinking of mating a Distinction TDA 1541 PCB to a Lampizator "superkit" 1 Amber Dac...though a newbee I assume this must be feasible?,

The amber dac has lots of upgrade facility- but feedback from kit users with a TDA 1541 is non existent to date....things to ponder before parting with cash methinks! (as i have very little of it:()

Any info gratefully received (some one somewhere must have done it?)

Thank you all
Johnny

I mated a TDA1541 with a Lampizator Superkit 1 and it is fantastic. The instruction manual describes how to do it. It sounds fine out of the box, but responds very well to upgrades. It is a great circuit and I have seen no reason to attempt modifications, only parts upgrades as described in the manual.

I'm happy I got the entry level kit because I have learned a lot about high quality parts. I upgraded to Blackgate caps and now see why they enjoy such a great reputation. I learned that I/V resistor quality is very important and now use Rhopoint resistors for that function. Rectifier tubes can make a big difference and I have switched to a 5Y3 as explained in the instructions. Also, the input tube seems to sound best the lower in bandwidth it is. I use a cheap Sylvania 12AZ7 which makes my Amperex Bugleboy sound colored in comparison.

Don't be dismayed if it only sounds "ok" with the stock parts, it's the parts that are lacking, not the circuit. It IS the cheapest option for a reason, but it can sound awesome with modest parts upgrades.

Corey

Amber DAC Kit PCB circuit component list?? anyone?

Hi there,

i also have an Amber DAC PCB- but no indication of the component values for this PCB, I did not get any answer for the lampizator website when i asked some time ago ...if its to cheeky to ask then please feel free to PM me with info if this annoys Mr. Lampizator (amber DAC it is still marketed by him)

My thanks to ya!

regards

Johnny

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.