• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Hi-end DSP based multi-channel integrated Preamp/Crossover/DAC project

As I understand it, from the posting on here by Tranquility Bass post #912, there have been a limited number of pre-production hand built items made and these are not representative of the final product in build quality and finish. Maybe I've read that wrong and he's talking in general about his final production being on a small batch basis and not benefiting from the reduced cost available through mass production.

Yes small runs are expensive and most of the boards are hand assembled at the moment because of the small quantities involved. Only economies of scale can bring down the price. I am willing to work with others on this which is why I am making available the reference design to board manufacturers at very competitive prices based on MOQ's of the chipset I have developed.

cheers

Will this product have a few presets between which we can switch realtime with no possible damage to the speakers?

Will there a be a DC/pop/etc... protection on the outputs so we can run safely tweeters directly to a power amplifier?

Thanks!

P.S. I'm very tempted and can't wait to see the final product, so I can upgrade from my Najda !!!

mine have arrive :D:D:D
thanks David
it's ''lite version'' with only USB input ;)
unfortunately my loudspeaker boxes are on painting (some thing got complicated in a way...)
and it will take some time before I get them back

in mean time, I have to figure how the $%#$ this audio weaver work and how to setup this for plain 3 way with LR 2order :mad: :D

Attachments

• DSC_0682.jpg
    DSC_0682.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 769
  • DSC_0685.jpg
    DSC_0685.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 756
  • DSC_0686.jpg
    DSC_0686.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 731
  • DSC_0687.jpg
    DSC_0687.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 742
  • DSC_0688.jpg
    DSC_0688.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 739
thanks David
unfortunately my loudspeaker boxes are on painting (some thing got complicated in a way...)

in mean time, I have to figure how the $%#$ this audio weaver work and how to setup this for plain 3 way with LR 2order :mad: :D

Hi Josip

I have created a document which describes the process:-

Uploading an Audioweaver Design to the Ultimate-Preamplifier

Let me know if you have any problems.

regards
david

Last edited:
thanks David

I like your stainless steel, plain casing and the type of knob you've used.. Did you make it yourself?

Full range Electrostat system

Just received my ultimate preamp and have replaced the Minidsp (10x10HD) in my full range electrostatic speaker system which is tri-amped (class A on the mid and high and class D on the low, all fully balanced amps). I'm feeding the preamp direct from a SOTM sms-200 via USB streaming Roon from my server upstairs. Extremely happy with the sound - Audioweaver is simple to use - I downloaded the 3 way configuration from David's website and used the crossover settings I had already established using the minidsp over many years. I am sure there is still various tweaking to the done (and will also try out the phono stage) but congratulations to David for a first class product
cheers
Matt