Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Hi-end DSP based multi-channel integrated Preamp/Crossover/DAC project
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th July 2017, 07:07 PM   #891
soundchaser001 is offline soundchaser001  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranquility Bass View Post

.... Would be looking at at least 100 DSP boards to make it worth while....
Hi David;

Just so I understand what might be offered if there were sufficient interest; this is an assembled board which would then be mounted into a suitable enclosure by the user?

That being the case given the degree of H/W customization that could be offered (based on the first post) I guess that we as a community would have to get that sorted first so that the starting point would be a fixed configuration of the board or some limited variety of configurations offered.

Is this the way it could go forward?

Thanks
Matt
Old 30th July 2017, 07:54 PM   #892
torgeirs is offline torgeirs  Norway
diyAudio Member

Do you have any ballpark production/BOM or crowd funding price for:
1 of main board
100 main boards
Behringer production volumes:-)
Understand if this is internal figures as of now.
And I understand that the GUI that makes this product so extra special will not come for free
Guess we are not talking STM32 volumes, but vendors thinking of using the STM32 audioweaver could really have a jumpstart to showcase their STM32 idea for investors using this sollution
The thinking is that signalprosessing will be transferable to STM32 for large volume low cost products and prototyping or high end can use this product. Just my 2cent
Old 31st July 2017, 08:08 AM   #893
orangeart is offline orangeart  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

O think this is a goer as both a group buy and as a crowdfunding project. You've done the hard part as far as crowdfunding sites are concerned and that is the actual prototype and RandD. All you need is pricing, some waffle, which you've largely written and maybe a video.

I really hope this progresses to the next point but you'll need to publish some prices for a crowdfunding/GB to see.

I once contacted you about becoming a GB partner /OEM, I'll drop you a line again over the next few days to see if there is any practical way I can help.
Old 31st July 2017, 08:34 AM   #894
Tranquility Bass is offline Tranquility Bass  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by torgeirs View Post
1 of main board
100 main boards
And I understand that the GUI that makes this product so extra special will not come for free
Guess we are not talking STM32 volumes, but vendors thinking of using the STM32 audioweaver could really have a jumpstart to showcase their STM32 idea for investors using this sollution
The thinking is that signalprosessing will be transferable to STM32 for large volume low cost products and prototyping or high end can use this product. Just my 2cent
Yes what you do on the ST board should be portable between different Audioweaver environments with little modifications as Audioweaver is hardware agnostic. However I believe the Cortex M4 and M7 ST boards are only 2 channel and run at 48KHz but the UPXO board can be setup to default to 48KHz operation with the appropriate dip switch settings so all of the Audioweaver design parameters for the ST board should be able to be loaded into the UPXO environment and vice versa with virtually no changes

cheers
david

Last edited by Tranquility Bass; 31st July 2017 at 08:49 AM.
Old 31st July 2017, 08:48 AM   #895
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by torgeirs View Post
1 of main board
100 main boards
Yes we are allowed to sell individual licenses of the Audioweaver GUI with each built up system otherwise the way it normally works is that an OEM who purchases a qty of boards from a DSP board vendor that supports Audioweaver typically gets a copy of the GUI such that they can customize a single design that runs on all of the boards which they then incorporate into their own product. The end customer of course does not get the GUI because the last thing any OEM wants is the customer fiddling around with the design and blowing up amps or drivers etc. However in this case where the end customer is the diyer it's a little bit different because everyone has their own individual requirements and presumably know what they are doing.

cheers
Old 31st July 2017, 08:54 AM   #896
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeart View Post
O think this is a goer as both a group buy and as a crowdfunding project. You've done the hard part as far as crowdfunding sites are concerned and that is the actual prototype and RandD. All you need is pricing, some waffle, which you've largely written and maybe a video.

I really hope this progresses to the next point but you'll need to publish some prices for a crowdfunding/GB to see.

I once contacted you about becoming a GB partner /OEM, I'll drop you a line again over the next few days to see if there is any practical way I can help.
Yes by all means please contact me and let me know what you are thinking as this is getting closer to the end game

cheers
david
Old 31st July 2017, 02:22 PM   #897
torgeirs is offline torgeirs  Norway
diyAudio Member

Thank you for your comments on the Audioweaver integration.
I think the STM32M7 100$ boards support 1 digital out and 1 analog out. But the I2S/Multichannel digital outs supports a lot more outputs.
But multichannel and samplerateconverting is timeconsuming to set up only for demonstration/funding. So setting up the signalprosesing (the actual IP) on your board is much more conviniate.
Then the road is open for both cortex DSP and tradisional DSP prosessing.
The complexity/volume/price point/amount of funding will decide. But time to market could be superfast and at the same time scalable.
Old 17th August 2017, 06:10 AM   #898
bkdog is offline bkdog
diyAudio Member

I've been testing the attached beauty for 24 hours - I have to say it is equal to the finest DACs I have ever used, and I've used most of the pro mastering level DACs (this is without a proper blind test, so take it with a grain of salt).

This might be the first unit in the wild, I am extremely happy with the sound quality, functionality (doing the xover in the digital domain) & value. Thanks David - it's awesome!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5886.jpg (432.2 KB, 400 views)
Old 17th August 2017, 06:17 AM   #899
dch53 is offline dch53  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default Very interested!

I've been reading this thread for some time waiting for it to come to fruition.

I've emailed Analog-Precision to express my interest in a set of boards for my tri-amped system.

I'd also be interested in participating in a group buy.
Old 17th August 2017, 12:00 PM   #900
gusto142 is offline gusto142  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

+1

Hi-end DSP based multi-channel integrated Preamp/Crossover/DAC projectHide this!Advertise here!