Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Hi-end DSP based multi-channel integrated Preamp/Crossover/DAC project
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd May 2017, 01:49 AM   #881
labjr is offline labjr  United States
diyAudio Member

BTW in the manufacturers comment in Stereophile May issue. Bob Stuart of MQA wrote:

"Is has always been possible to use EQ and DSP on an MQA decode — that is fundamental to implementation in an AV receiver of DSP loudspeaker"
Old 22nd May 2017, 01:50 AM   #882
labjr is offline labjr  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranquility Bass View Post
Just building up a few units for clients to work out the whole logistics of the whole process.

cheers
I look forward to reading a review.
Old 22nd May 2017, 02:34 AM   #883
NWCgrad is offline NWCgrad  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranquility Bass View Post
Probably not in that configuration. The lossless volume control is done via the DAC. Wouldn't the speaker have its own volume control ?

Kii CONTROL
The Control for the Kii 3 seems like a nice product. I'm not sure why 8 typed Kii 3 when I knew it had the optional controller. I am also debating the Barefoot MM27's which does not this option.
Old 22nd May 2017, 02:52 AM   #884
Tranquility Bass is offline Tranquility Bass  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWCgrad View Post
The Control for the Kii 3 seems like a nice product. I'm not sure why 8 typed Kii 3 when I knew it had the optional controller. I am also debating the Barefoot MM27's which does not this option.
I do have an spdif output. It could be used as an additional channel or preamp output with possible volume control but that would not be entirely lossless.
Old 2nd June 2017, 02:24 AM   #885
bavmike is offline bavmike  Canada
Banned

So is this system ready yet? I'd like to order one for a project.
Old 3rd June 2017, 02:00 AM   #886
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavmike View Post
So is this system ready yet? I'd like to order one for a project.
Hi Mike

Just finishing off some fully assembled units for some people. It's taking a bit of time because I have to hand assemble some of these boards. Is this what you need ?

cheers
Old 7th July 2017, 06:03 AM   #887
Pre is offline Pre  Finland
diyAudio Member

Hello,

Could following HT-BY PASS functionality be available:

- 2 channel analog RCA or XLR input from HT system R + L
- HT By Pass mode can be selected remotely or from front panel
- HT BY Pass mode has fixed (preset able ?) master volume level

Idea is to connect Ultimate-Preamplifier inputs to current HT system L+R out or be able to feed the "UP" also with a high quality digital aes ebu 2 channel signal from "JRIVER box" or from another digital source.

I did not find HT by pass functionality here
Analog-Precision

Main UP system will be the 2ch system as 4 way with 3 way DIY + 2 x SUBs

Last edited by Pre; 7th July 2017 at 06:08 AM.
Old 8th July 2017, 03:13 AM   #888
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre View Post
Hello,

Could following HT-BY PASS functionality be available:

- 2 channel analog RCA or XLR input from HT system R + L
- HT By Pass mode can be selected remotely or from front panel
- HT BY Pass mode has fixed (preset able ?) master volume level

Idea is to connect Ultimate-Preamplifier inputs to current HT system L+R out or be able to feed the "UP" also with a high quality digital aes ebu 2 channel signal from "JRIVER box" or from another digital source.

I did not find HT by pass functionality here
Analog-Precision

Main UP system will be the 2ch system as 4 way with 3 way DIY + 2 x SUBs
Yes can easily implement HT Bypass on any analog input. Usually there is a dedicated set of analog inputs for connection to the main speaker line level output of the HT receiver etc. This means that anything connected to those inputs will have no level control and gain will be set at 0dB so obviously you do not want to connect up a tuner or tape deck etc with a fixed level output or you will damage your speakers very quickly.

Now for the case of the Ultimate Preamp there was not enough room on the back panel for dedicated HT bypass inputs so there needs to be some means of providing some caution and safety features in enabling this feature on the other analog inputs. Some ideas I have for this are:-

1. Do not allow the HT Bypass feature to be sticky so that when the unit is powered down it does not remember and power up with HT bypass mode enabled.

2. Only allow HT Bypass on one of the analog inputs at the one time and this is selected via a menu.

3. To enable HT bypass hold down the center button on the Analog input menu item for at least 5 seconds to enable HT Bypass for that input and only after a confirmation screen pops up can you enable it.

4. Or allow HT Bypass to be enabled if the 12 V trigger-in is asserted by the HT receiver.

Regards
David
Old 30th July 2017, 07:43 AM   #889
orangeart is offline orangeart  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Been a while now, is this available yet?
Old 30th July 2017, 11:42 AM   #890
diyAudio Member

Hi guys

We may look at doing a run of boards in the future but in order to get a reasonable price this requires fairly large qty's and considerable outlay on our behalf and we did not want to take on anymore risk at this stage until we could get some working units out there and prove the design which is what we are doing at the moment. They are relatively expensive to build because of the low volumes involved and manual labor to build them so the fully assembled units are not for everyone.

We have perfected our custom chipset which integrates a lot of functionality which traditionally would otherwise be implemented on the DSP and a host processor with many compromises. We are toying with the idea of offering our custom chipsets to prospective vertical manufactures who can afford to manufacture this in much higher qty's than we can and then offer it at a much better price than we can http://www.analog-precision.com/OEM.html

Any other ideas are welcome. Perhaps crowd source funding etc ? Would be looking at at least 100 DSP boards to make it worth while.

As for the current status of the firmware. We have integrated the latest version of Audioweaver (6.7.15 Standard Edition) which has the new GUI and lots of new enhancements. It is now working seamlessly with our own OS Extra features such as full color 8ch VU meter operating in real time on the LCD display.

Regards
David
Attached Images
File Type: gif UPCP_VUMeter.gif (5.4 KB, 348 views)

Hi-end DSP based multi-channel integrated Preamp/Crossover/DAC projectHide this!Advertise here!