nanoDSP crossover, suggestions please

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I built the latest rev and sent one board to charlielaub.
guess the next thing is trying to get quotes for the smt assembly. I have not yet seen a need for a reset button , but it's there. the pop/click suppression works nice.
not sure how many people are interested in this balanced input design..

this is conceptually a mono board, balanced in and up to 4 out. or 2 balanced out
it's fully functional, working, noise tested etc. just need to find the best format of delivery. my idea is to ship it as a kit, functionally tested, all smd parts mounted, TH parts (connectors ) to be soldered by end user. still some test development to be done, like bed of nails etc. then the MOQ question, it's easy for 500 boards. suggestions for MOQ 50 or 25 assembly houses are welcome

nanodsp builds

recently pcbway started a PCB assembly service and the cost seems very reasonable. I'm happy with the current design, but I wonder how many are interested in the mono design as I used the stereo input in a balanced way. Ti has some nice headphone amps that can be made to deliver 2V rms withou coupling caps and act as alias filter as well. this would make the design more fit to standard professional amps. I recently bough the dsp's for 4 euro/pc (shipping incl) at aliexpress, so that's a real deal that makes the XO attractive.

the assembly requires a 3.5mm free space along the long edges of the board, or a paneled design. my guess is that assembly costs are approx 8$/pc dollars for qty of 50.

I found this DAC output noise plot while operating the XO at 96khz.
the higher input noise is seen up to 20khz and a residual at 48Khz. the dac self noise is lower , hence the "step" in the noise plot. my DCDC supply is switching around 50Khz, just above the 48k of the dac.

Attachments

• full_open_rev2.gif
    full_open_rev2.gif
    11 KB · Views: 234
recently pcbway started a PCB assembly service and the cost seems very reasonable. I'm happy with the current design, but I wonder how many are interested in the mono design as I used the stereo input in a balanced way. Ti has some nice headphone amps that can be made to deliver 2V rms withou coupling caps and act as alias filter as well. this would make the design more fit to standard professional amps. I recently bough the dsp's for 4 euro/pc (shipping incl) at aliexpress, so that's a real deal that makes the XO attractive.

the assembly requires a 3.5mm free space along the long edges of the board, or a paneled design. my guess is that assembly costs are approx 8$/pc dollars for qty of 50.

I would definitely be interested... :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.