DAC Asahi kasei AK4381VT (Japan) Thoughts upgrading to AK4381VT

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thoughts upgrading to AK4385VT http://www.akm.com/akm/en/product/datasheet1/?partno=AK4385VT

Currently I have an JVC XV33SL bench top CD/DVD player which works great but by searching more it internals I discover it DAC component AK4381VT which is a component of 2003.
The same manufacturer made a recent DAC AK4385VT (AK4381 Pin Compatible) which has higher master clock at normal speed of 1152fs when the older part that I have can do 768fs at that speed.

My questions:
1) Is the clock speed of the DAC controlled in any way of other components than by the DAC?
(For example .. if I proceed with DAC upgrade by using the one with better specs, is it possible my DVD player due it firmware to force it down to operate at the specific fs rate of the older DAC ? )

2) How much difference if any regarding quality of sound, I should expect from a better DAC with 1152fs compared to with one at 768fs?

What I seek to improve is just the CD Audio performance.

I have skills and tools about making this part replacement, what bothers me is if it worth spending around 15$ for new component, with out be able to say if it would offer the level of improvement which will justify it price and my time for this task.

Looking at the datasheets for each, the 4385 shows no evidence at all of being superior in any way to the 4381. The specs are identical. I don't see anything to suggest that one will sound even a tiny bit better than the other.

Thatch true, the only difference is the master clock frequency that can get up to 1152fs which I do not know if my DVD is capable to gain any advantage from it at regular CD playback.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.