TDA1387 continuous calibration dac

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Using opamp in I/V doesn't change the basic math, its still just under 1VRMS. What an opamp does do is get around the limitation of the output compliance of the DAC - so you can have any output level you want by changing the 2k7 resistor's value within the restrictions of the opamp's power supply.

matt_garman, That is the question :) I was calculating the same. TDA1543 has about double output current swing (full scale swing, whatever it means in this case - peak-peak???) and half of the resistance, so it might be similar. I remember I had like 500 or 600mV dB FS RMS with passive I/V TDA1543. I'm not sure about opamp I/V too.

Using opamp in I/V doesn't change the basic math, its still just under 1VRMS. What an opamp does do is get around the limitation of the output compliance of the DAC - so you can have any output level you want by changing the 2k7 resistor's value within the restrictions of the opamp's power supply.

Are you sure just under 1V RMS? 0,5V and 1V would be a big difference to me. I have to decide if I am using additional gain stage or just filter :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.