Some DCX2496 questions - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th January 2004, 04:18 PM   #1
EyalR is offline EyalR  Israel
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to EyalR
Default Some DCX2496 questions

Hi folks,

I want to build a 2-way speaker (4 ohms 5/5" can speak revelator and morel supreme) with a sub (shiva) and do it actively.
I've found that the Behringer DCX2496 might be a good unit in order to do so.
I've read a long 9 pages thread on the Behringer DCX2496 here and to tell you the truth some of the arguments there got me more confused.
My source will be an external sound card that also has SPDIF . My first question is will I be able to control the volume while using the SPDIF out on my sound card?

Is there a reason I'll have a problem connecting power amplifiers to it? I read that it has balanced outputs, will this be a problem?
The amp for the tweeters will be the RB-03 will it be okay?

Also I understand that an RTA can be helpfull, can you parhaps recommend on a pc based one (and recommend on a nice mic) or maybe tuning by ear can be good enough?
Will the behringer 8094 (If I remmember correctly) will be a better choice as an RTA and also is the auto mode (when it tunes itself) any good?
I don't like that fact that I'll be paying for the EQ while I'll have one in the DCX, but maybe if it's really worth it I'll consider it.

(I come from car audio and RTA in a car is preety much useless so we do most tuning by ear).

Thanks!

Eyal

Hide this!Advertise here!