RLC Filter for low pass filtering of the TDA1543?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I'm looking to nail the low pass filtering of a TDA1543 to a lower frequency (say 18-22kHz) with the use of an RLC low pass circuit, I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me with some values for the coil resistor and capacitor. (I'm no expert.)

http://sim.okawa-denshi.jp/en/RLCtool.php

The values that I get are:
680kOhm for resistor
0.00238 H for the coil
with 0.022uF for the capacitor.

How would I go at winding the coil?

This would be a part of a passive I/V conversion process for the output.

Coupling capacitors are a K73-15B with a value of 0.022uF

Resistors would need to be of a sufficient value to provide 1-2v RMS output.

What would be the effect on the waveform of adding impedance (ie from a choke) to the output of a simple 16 bit non oversampling DAC with passive IV conversion? ex: TDA1541/1543

Would also be interested/curious as to what would happen to the waveform.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
From a quick sim on LTSpice, I get the following component values

R = 500R - this is the I/V resistor
L = 18mH
C = 3.3nF

You'll also need a resistor on the output, across the cap to provide dampling. This is 3k.

This is a very rough and ready first pass as aspects like the inductor's AC losses haven't been factored in. I've also assumed that it will feed into a high impedance load (no less than 47k). The load impedance has an impact on the damping and hence ringing.

You don't need to wind your own coil, Mouser has suitable 18mH chokes - http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/54/FSR1013-72226.pdf

From a quick sim on LTSpice, I get the following component values

R = 500R - this is the I/V resistor
L = 18mH
C = 3.3nF

You'll also need a resistor on the output, across the cap to provide dampling. This is 3k.

This is a very rough and ready first pass as aspects like the inductor's AC losses haven't been factored in. I've also assumed that it will feed into a high impedance load (no less than 47k). The load impedance has an impact on the damping and hence ringing.

You don't need to wind your own coil, Mouser has suitable 18mH chokes - http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/54/FSR1013-72226.pdf

Thank you very VERY much for that. :D

I like to pretend that I live here so I usually don't buy stuff from reputable component outlets:

Attachments

• tumblr_inline_mww19o9IBM1qboqbv.jpg
    tumblr_inline_mww19o9IBM1qboqbv.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 178
Classics, I L O V E old school!

You should start at NOS and work your way up!:

Old T:

TDA1543_Analog_Stage.gif

and New CarlosFM

CarlosFM 1543 NOS high z.jpg

DIYHiFi.org • View topic - Understanding DSD

CarlosFM NOS_Sin(x)_passive_compensation.jpg

These are low z and high z for 1543 and NOS sinc rolloff correction.

PS CarlosFM also made a TINA opamp that was 2nd order and peaked at 20k for NOS sinc correction and then dropped like a stone .... (I'll let someone with better googleFU find it)

Last edited:
From my memory of the NOS droop that graph looks overly 'hot' (i.e. applies too much lift). I've played with an LC LP filter which rings up and found a closer match to the required curve comes from setting the resonance a tad higher in frequency. But then I'm only interested in correcting up to 18kHz as my hearing's shot beyond that for sure....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.