Recommend a multi-channel USB to SPDIF or i2c - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th July 2014, 08:13 AM   #1
beanbag is offline beanbag  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Recommend a multi-channel USB to SPDIF or i2c

Hello folks,

I am looking for a USB to multiple output I2C or SPDIF in order to do a software-based room correction and active crossover. I would have wanted to buy a minidsp USBStreamer, but right on the product page is a review that says the jitter on this device is horrible. I don't know how bad it really is, but it would be good to buy something US (or even china) based so I don't get hosed on the shipping and customs anyway.

What are the alternatives?
I would prefer the device to have actual spdif coax or optical outputs so I can just plug it right into some off-the-shelf DACs, but I guess i2c is ok too if I can figure out how to rig it up.
In that case, any suggestions for a decent cheap ES9023-based i2c DAC (besides curryman via minidsp)

Thanks

Hide this!Advertise here!