HDMI DAC for analog 7.1 output

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone know whether a decoded 7.1 channel LPCM audio stream is always included on the HDMI output of an Blu Ray player, or an surround processor unit?

I think it depends on the player (or device), but every modern device I have used provides LPCM. I think it's pretty standard at this point.

Also, does anybody know about the acquisition time for these devices? I have used pre-pros (and the current pre-pro I have - the Emotiva UMC-1) has a annoying long acquisition time (like 4-5 seconds) for sound.

For example, when I first turn on a device, if there is a "turn on" sound, it pops in like 4-5 seconds after the device is turned on. Also, in movies, if I pause for long enough and come back, it takes again like 4-5 seconds for sound to start playing even though the movie plays right away.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.