Remote controlled XiangSheng DA-03A tube DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
[...]
Caps are temporary attached through the detachable double pins on top cover, I plan to shorten the wires and use double side scotch tape to stick them on top cover once NOS GE Red 5 Star 5670 arrive, I think that's the last bit and I'm done and more than happy how does it sound ;)

Hello kukynas, you haven't told what external amplifier you were using when testing this mod.

Thank you!

wdg2101: thanks...

[...] those blue caps are output caps so this should be your first choice for upgrade, if you have powerful amplifier you do not need 3.3uf or 2.2uf, 1.5uf should be still OK, now I know I could safe some money :rolleyes:...
Yep, I knew I will get version with those Solens as I bought it directly from producer, considering their value it sounded surprisingly good.[...]

There's a high-pass filter in there created by some resistors (maybe 50kOhms, don't know for sure) and these 2 MKP caps. Just to be on the safe side when doing an upgrade, pick at least the value recommended by manufacturer. Given the fact that bass might roll-off quicker in some DACs I would choose 4.7uF instead without having 2nd thoughts. Lowering the value under 3uF will roll-off the bass quicker and this is not desirable.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.