Viable DSP platform?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I am no stranger to buying cheap gear from the Orient but only via Ebay until I discovered AliBaba and AliExpress. These are not new, as entering either of those as search terms bring up a few hundred hits. But, 'new to me" and a paradise of dodgy electronic gear! So far AliExpress has resisted three attempts for me to buy anything, credit card security or some such. But I digress.

I stumbled upon this little gem: while I don't plan to buy it, it looks like it would be a good DIY platform for a mini system (doesn't have the four-digit power output us subwoofer guys need!)

DSP+CLASS D AMP+SMPS 2.1 OR THREE WAY HI FI AMP WITH ANALOG/SPDIF/USB SOURCE SELECTOR-in Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com

I am familiar with MinIDSP and a happy user; also know that you can buy domestic (USA) sold stuff like the INuke DSP line. I have not heard of the SigmaStudio (software) but might be as flexible as MiniDSP or similar software?

At around $350 delivered (if they will sell you one!) it seems to have reasonable geek/$ ratio :) anybody interested?

Usual disclaimer: I have no commercial ties to the above items except for the one(s) I actually own. Now I will do a belated search on "Sinewave Genius or G33" and embarrassingly discover its been well discussed :)

Yep, a few peeps, even two years ago from some Dutchman, but not much else apparently :grin:

Ah yes, a little Googling yields apparently the Co. website. If it's in China, why not "Sinowave"? Taken already maybe.

http://www.csinewave.com/product.asp?pid=162

And the "Sigma Studio" looks just a tad intimidating. Maybe if you're a EE or a computer scientist. I have a degree in the latter but am rusty to the point of being iron ore :)

http://www.analog.com/en/dsp-software/ss_sigst_02/sw.html#SOFTWARE_AND_TOOLS

Unless there is a really dumbed-down version of this, I think MiniDSP has little to worry about :)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.