DIY USB isolator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
One quick point, lay your pi filters out like mine, the signal must pass through the capacitor and not branch off, this again is an important detail. The caps should be next to the ferrite and the signal pass directly through them before going anywhere else.

Here is the board, Not sure if I followed all the rules. Marc does it look close to what it should be?

Attachments

• board modified.png
    board modified.png
    63.1 KB · Views: 459
Sorry for the very late reply, I avoided my computer for a few days and got so many Diyaudio notifications I deleted the lot and this got lost in the process.
The layout looks OK, apart from the separate %v, the trace going round the board negates the isolation, if you put the 5V input connector at the top, you wouldn't have to have that track going round the board.
Again apologies for the late reply...

Hi Glad to see you guys are still interested in pursuing it. I have not made the Board.But if anyone is interested I am willing to send the PCB files. Remember though ADuM chip is limited to slow or full speed data rates. That means no sample rates above 96K and adaptive mode transfers

Last edited:
Hi Glad to see you guys are still interested in pursuing it.
I have not made the Board. But if anyone is interested I am willing to send the PCB files. Remember though ADuM chip is limited to slow or full speed data rates.
That means no sample rates above 96K and adaptive mode transfers

Hi and sorry to jump in with a question.
What would be the highest rez format allowed with a ADuM chip based isolator ?
I mean ... 24/96 will pass fine without glitches ?
Thanks a lot to you and all for the very interesting thread.
Kind regards, gino

Hi and sorry to jump in with a question.
What would be the highest rez format allowed with a ADuM chip based isolator ?
I mean ... 24/96 will pass fine without glitches ?
Thanks a lot to you and all for the very interesting thread.
Kind regards, gino

The question would be, whether the USB receiver is able to handle 24/96 while on 12mbps USB.

For example Tenor 7022 can

The question would be, whether the USB receiver is able to handle 24/96 while on 12mbps USB.
For example Tenor 7022 can

Hi and thanks a lot for the very helpful reply.
I said 24/96 because i feel ashamed to say that i am still on redbook files :eek:
seriously almost all my collection of music is on cds and some converts on dvd 16/48.
I am not that much on high rez. I see that many isolator top at 12Mbit/s.
I guess the higher speed ones are very complex and so expensive.
Are you using any of these devices maybe ?
Thanks a lot again, gino

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.