Blue screen problem with Hifimediy Sabre U2 DAC - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th April 2014, 11:50 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Blue screen problem with Hifimediy Sabre U2 DAC

Hi friends

I ordered the U2 dac 10 days ago and I have received the U2 DAC yesterday. You can see the DAC below.
HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 Asynchronous USB DAC

I really like the sound of the DAC's analog performance. The sound is really good for the price. Overall sound is better than my Asus Xonar DX sound card. But I have a problem with the DAC. I have 2 pc. And the DAC doesnt work now with one of the pc. You can see the details below.

I really appreciate if someone can help me. Or is there anyone which has similar problem with this DAC.

Yesterday I tried it on my htpc (1st pc) with USB 3.0 port and there was no problem.
After that I decided to move the DAC to my other pc (2nd) which has a Asus Xonar DX sound card, to compare the performance of each item. The DAC was connected to the USB 3.0 port and there was no problem again.

But today when I started my 2nd pc, I have seen that windows was not recognizing the DAC. So I tried to plug the DAC on the other USB ports. Dac didn't work with any of them, additionally when I re-plug the on the USB 3.0 port, my pc got a blue screen. To be sure I restarted the pc for few times more, when I plug the DAC on usb 3.0 port, pc got a blue screen. I couldnt understand why it doesnt work on next day. I shut down the pc when the DAC was working flawlessly and started on next day without any change.

After that I decided to give a second chance to the DAC with the htpc (1st pc). I thought that there can be a handshake issue with USB 3.0 ports and firstly I pluged the DAC to usb 2.0 ports. I have 6 different usb 2.0 ports on the mb. But the DAC doesnt work with none of them.
So as a last chance I pluged the DAC on the front USB 3.0 ports. Suddenly the DAC has started to work. I couldnt understand why it behaves like that. And to be sure I unplugged the DAC and tried with the other usb 2.0 ports, again it didnt work. But when I replug to the USB 3.0 port, it started to work. Now it is working with his dedicated USB 3.0 port.

I couldnt understand why the DAC reacted so differently with these pcs. Both pc has windows 7 Ultimate (64bit). And both USB 3.0 chip is from NEC on both pc. And I installed the same driver on both pc's which is provided on your webpage.

I wanted to learn if someone had a problem like that and if you solve this problem.

Thanks in advance

Hide this!Advertise here!