Clock upgrade help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a SOtM USB to Spdif converter and replaced the Sunny Clocks with some Vanguard oscillators. The unit uses 2 clocks and I believe one is shut off while the other is on. I can only get the Vanguards to work with a Sunny chip in the other socket. I doesn't matter which one, but with both the Vanguards in it will not play. Anyone know why this might be?
Also, can anyone link a 4 pin to surface adapter for an oscillator, so I could try a surface mount set?

Many Thanks
Jim

Last edited:
Thanks for response. Really can't will out why with both Vanguards in I can't get any sound. The Software shows a stable clock with both in. The only thing I can figure are the Sunnys are a tri-state oscillator. I can use either Vanguard clock as long as a Sunny is in 1 of the other sockets.

Before just blindly changing things in a circuit especially clocks I would suggest, you reverse engineer the circuit a bit so you have some understanding of what you are doing.
Download the data sheets for all the devises in question and check again whether they can be exchanged.
With clocks unless you have the correct measuring equipment you cannot determine whether the change has been beneficial or not...;

I think the pin was has to to be Tri-State or VC on the oscillator. The unit switches off one clock while the other is on. The Vanguards are NC on Pin 1. A proper data sheet would be be nice for the Chinese clocks, but there are hardly any 5v Dip sytle oscillators Tri-State available unless I order 500 from a manufacturer. I could only source one oscillator set, so there isn't much to measure. My only goal was to freshen up old clocks on and aging converter. I would with go with a Mutec with an atomic clock if had the money and wanted good clock. Sorry posted in wrong place.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.