AD815 as I/V converter and pre?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For the I/v converter section many say that you need a faster opamp and I see many people use opa627 but people who tried ad815 even said its better than 627 so im thinking to use AD815 as I/V converter being with slew of 900V/usec.

any suggestions or inputs one would give? AD815 is cheaper as well.

I'm using AD815 in my Ozone DAC - its great and excellent value. I don't use it to do active I/V, rather I use passive then filter and post-amplify with AD815. Can't beat it for the price I pay here but it does need a very clean supply - 10uF or 22uF 1206 ceramics across the pins. One great advantage of this earlier generation part compared to the later ones is it works down to very low voltages - I run around 5-6V total supply.

Hi Abrax, I had a look at your post i/v passive filtering on your blog (so: prestage before the AD561 gain).

How many 680 uH TDK 20% do you need to buy for finding one at 600 uH ?

I like you new tea caps tower... on a back bag ? for trekks ? 30 minutes of autonomie.....:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.