ADC using ES9102/9112

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Acko, what do you think of making a chipless 1-bit ADC similar in concept to AD1 by Grimm Audio? Wouldn't this yield a higher sound quality compared to the complexities of a multi-order Delta-Sigma conversion back and forth on a chip? This of course would be DSD, but it could be converted to PCM in the digital domain, if needed, even in real time.

Acko, what do you think of making a chipless 1-bit ADC similar in concept to AD1 by Grimm Audio? Wouldn't this yield a higher sound quality compared to the complexities of a multi-order Delta-Sigma conversion back and forth on a chip? This of course would be DSD, but it could be converted to PCM in the digital domain, if needed, even in real time.

Sorry, I am in the vertical market actually. More of a technology user than a provider.

Couldn't agree more with DSD output. Afaik 99% of ADCs for the recording industry uses Sigma Delta ADC that is essentially high resolution DSD native and then gets chopped and changed to PCM to bring out this CD quality music for distribution. So if we are ripping Vinyl or making recordings ourselves we are the boss aren't we?

So I am hoping ESS brings out a DSD output ADC chip otherwise I have set my sights on AK5572 from you know who :D

Last edited:
It has been a long while but here is the final build with ADC core, controller, power supplies, input buffer and anti-aliasing filters all on-board. Balanced line level inputs and I2S/Spdif outputs. Hi-res, up to 32bits, 384kHz :)

Attachments

• AKA102b.jpeg
    AKA102b.jpeg
    362.4 KB · Views: 144
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.