Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd April 2014, 07:47 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default ADC kits? Analog input SPDIF output? Anything?

I'm considering a few different options for an upcoming project and I might need a 24-bit audio analog to digital (SPDIF output) stage, if one is available.

Is there anything out there these days that is available as a pcb/kit?
Old 22nd April 2014, 07:53 PM   #2
Eldam is offline Eldam  France
diyAudio Member

You mean a SPIDF input stage for a DAC board ? Or you need really an output with spidf for a streamer e.g .

twistedpair audio make a device which works in the two direction if I remenber.
Sureelectronics has a good module with WM8804 with many switch (16 or 24 bits, hardware/software mode, slave/master, spidf chinch and tolinsk)
Old 22nd April 2014, 08:29 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

ADC as in "analog to digital converter". Analog R,L input; SPDIF output. 24-bit, minimum 48kHz.

Twisted Pear does not seem to offer anything like this from what I see on their web site.

Can you please link to such a product if you identify one?

Last edited by CharlieLaub; 22nd April 2014 at 08:32 PM.
Old 22nd April 2014, 08:40 PM   #4
feds27 is offline feds27  United States
diyAudio Member

TI PCM4222EVM ADC evaluation board.
Old 22nd April 2014, 08:44 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

ok : spidf to I2S (check if your dac chip is right, left justified...)

AA-AB41133 is the ref of the device, I bought two I month ago but it's not state of the art because connection between the boards add jitter : you better go if NOS with the Ian Canada FIFO boards (expensive but SOTA)

here fore sureelectronics for few bucks : CS4334 IIS/I2S Decode Board HP amplifier D/A WM8804 S/PDIF Converter Codec DAC_Accessories_Audio Amplifier and other Audio Boards_Audio_Sure Electronics' Webstore
Old 22nd April 2014, 09:28 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldam View Post
ok : spidf to I2S (check if your dac chip is right, left justified...)

AA-AB41133 is the ref of the device, I bought two I month ago but it's not state of the art because connection between the boards add jitter : you better go if NOS with the Ian Canada FIFO boards (expensive but SOTA)

here fore sureelectronics for few bucks : CS4334 IIS/I2S Decode Board HP amplifier D/A WM8804 S/PDIF Converter Codec DAC_Accessories_Audio Amplifier and other Audio Boards_Audio_Sure Electronics' Webstore
No. This not at all helpful... that is a DAC (digital to analog). I don't want that.

ANALOG input. DIGITAL output. One single board, please.
Old 22nd April 2014, 09:31 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by feds27 View Post
TI PCM4222EVM ADC evaluation board.
Thanks, that would work but it is $150...

I was hoping that maybe there was a little $50 module I could buy... maybe not.
Old 22nd April 2014, 10:22 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

$50 module? I doubt it... I would rather choose to spend the 150 for EMU 0404 - 24/192 DAC/ADC and working!
Old 22nd April 2014, 10:42 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornislv View Post
$50 module? I doubt it... I would rather choose to spend the 150 for EMU 0404 - 24/192 DAC/ADC and working!
OK, thanks for your opinion. Your needs seem different than mine.

I am looking to integrate this into a project I am building. It will be built into an enclosure with other boards. I don't want or need a "finished" product in its own case with its own power supply, because I will just have to disassemble it.

I am looking for a populated pcb or kit that would make a good A-to-D converter for $50.
Old 22nd April 2014, 10:50 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

On the link for the price you have two boards : one is what you need and what I bought alone (without the dac) one month before. I gave you the ref as well you may be find the standalone device in the web site ... it is a little n'importe quoi inside ! 18 bucks !

If you take time twice, you have a description on the link on the devices, the spidf module is the second description.

No merci pas de quoi

PS you give the dac boards to a friend or you practice training with it for interconnect (mine spidf was bought alone !)

Hide this!Advertise here!