Signalyst DSC1

For NXP ICs 74AHCT595D vs 74HC595D the main differences are:
1. Maximum frequency SHCP / STCP: 170MHz vs 50MHz
2. HIGH-level input voltage: 2V vs ~3V (74HC595D is less stable with a 3.3V Input logic level signal)
3. Different power consumption

Sincerely, Alexey Galkin.

okay thanks.

but how about the effect to sound?
if 74HC595D can be use, it will far cheaper than AHCT

Are there any measurements that shows the behaviour of DSD64, DSD128, DSD256 and DSD512? I'm not looking for any special, just curious to understand if I need to invest in hardware capable to push up to higher DSD rates or remeins calm with lower profile Pc ... :D

The only measurements I've seen was done by Jussi Laako with DSC 2.5. His recommendations, based on measurements, was DSD256 as a "sweet pot" for DSC 2.5.

With HQP I've tried DSD256 and DSD512. My opinion (quite subjective):
1. DSD512 is better then DSD256 with the same filter+modulator. The difference is not big, but quite noticeable, even in blind tests. More "analog" sound, I'd say.
2. Full-length filters in HQP (poly-sinc-xtr (-mp), closed-form, poly-sinc (-mp) ...) is MUCH better then -2s or -shrt (short) filters. The difference is audible at once and very big.

So, the reasonable solution is in using poly-sinc-xtr (-mp), closed-form, poly-sinc (or other full filters) in DSD256. Very high SQ.
My old I7-8700 with fast DDR4 did it (computer cost ~ 1500 USD). Don't forget SoC as NAA. I am with Odroid C2 for now.

To handle DSD512 with poly-sinc-xtr (-mp) and closed-form you'll need much more power. Cost will be 3 times more.

If you won't invest to a new computer, try offline upsampling by using Saracon (up to DSD128) or AUL converter (up to DSD1024). I slightly prefer the last one.
Aleksey Galkin says that has got a very good results with special version of foobar + sox resampler + ASIO Proxy.

But bear in mind - all are very subjective :)

is that between XLR pin 1 and T1 pin 4 should be connected to ground?
at this schematic it look like they are floating, no ground.
:confused:

thanks.

Attachments

• XLR.png
    XLR.png
    7.2 KB · Views: 635
For DSC 2.5.2, do I still have on board 3.3v if I use external 5V psu?

A little information update about DSC 2.5.2/2.6.2 voltage power supply.

DSC 2.5.2 needs 2 supply voltages: 5V and 3.3V

5V are required for powering 74AHCT595 and are connected via external power connectors/internal LDO (Read user guide).

3.3V are used to power the service logic and are come in through the pins of the Amanero connector (i.e., powered by Amanero LDO).