Signalyst DSC1

This is the latest release. It is likely that I will no longer develop this project. Only support.

The layout showed good sound quality. Registers 74LVC8T595 with separate output stage power. The power regulator is made according to the classical scheme "precision voltage references + OP + npn". Noise and dynamic performance is better than the LT3042. As resistors, Vishay NOMCT16035001AT1 is used. The active output stage uses shunt voltage regulators. Automatic switching of USB <-> Ethernet inputs.

Full documentation and gerbers will not be published until after successful verification of the first PCB. Unfortunately, COVID has violated the deadlines. Since the full documentation will be available, anyone can independently organize a group buy.

Sounds fantastic! Take your time, but don't take too long either, because I can't wait to build the new version since I currently have the DSC2. Stay safe :)

This is the latest release. It is likely that I will no longer develop this project. Only support.

The layout showed good sound quality. Registers 74LVC8T595 with separate output stage power. The power regulator is made according to the classical scheme "precision voltage references + OP + npn". Noise and dynamic performance is better than the LT3042. As resistors, Vishay NOMCT16035001AT1 is used. The active output stage uses shunt voltage regulators. Automatic switching of USB <-> Ethernet inputs.

Full documentation and gerbers will not be published until after successful verification of the first PCB. Unfortunately, COVID has violated the deadlines. Since the full documentation will be available, anyone can independently organize a group buy.

are you able to purchase the NOMC in the tantalum nitride variant ?

Hi

After reading the almost complete thread to know if I can use Amanero with Ian canada fifopi I can only think of one thing, but I'm not sure it works.
1. modify Amanero to slave mode to suppress its MCLK output.
2. connect the other three i2s outputs from amanero to fifopi
3. connect 3 fifopi i2s + MCLK outputs to DSC2 5.2. Also connect Mute, Dsdon, gnd, 3.3v outputs from Amanero to Dsc2.

Could this work?

i think they are very good. low tolerance, low tempco, high quality substrate, good power handling.

i was elaborating a little on the concept... and to me, seems very, very critical that the regulation on the VccB has to be very high.
I guess in this kind of design any "movement" on the powersupply voltage can increase the distortion at the output...
is that right ?
i guess in the end regulation will be more important than impedance (surely they are both important, but i guess, from the THD point of view, regulation is more important).
so maybe, is the case where a more stable regulator outperforms the more popular choice of supplying current to the output devices via shunt or batteries (whereas they are very good on oscillator supply...)

Last edited:
Hi!

With a Pentium I7 4700HQ and 8Gb of Ram (on a laptop from 9 years ago!) I get to work with HqPlayer 4 the xtr-mp filters at 44.1k x 256, smoothly and without problems, with DSC2 5.2.

At 44.1k x 512 there are cuts with xtr-mp filters, but there are not with xtr-lp filters, I suppose due to low processor power. But there is something I do not understand, and it may be a problem of Amanero or DSC2, I bet on the former. When I play at 44.1k x 512 there is a pink noise on the right channel that lasts a few seconds and is intermittent. Does anyone have any idea what it can be?