Signalyst DSC1

I would...

Hello,
the resistors in the BOM are not available at mouser. Can you recommend an alternative?
Kind Regards
Stephan

Suggest using Susumu thin films, but I do not know if Pavel (PPY) listen tested to a bunch of resistors. Even Susumu thin film in .1% is not too expensive, and the extra precision might be of value (this has been disputed here a bit).

This Part...

I having ADUM4160 USB Isolator - It's full speed by 12Mbps. How about the speed need for Amanero?

This part is not fast enough for USB audio. Only the newish Silanna chip can do it. Anyway, you want to isolate the I2S lines, isolating the USB is not of that much value. PPY's newest design has built in isolation/re-clocking of the I2S lines, or DSD lines of you prefer.

Suggest using Susumu thin films, but I do not know if Pavel (PPY) listen tested to a bunch of resistors. Even Susumu thin film in .1% is not too expensive, and the extra precision might be of value (this has been disputed here a bit).
I had to test a lot of resistors.
I tried Susumu RG series - I did not like it.
The latest version of the DSC specifically made resistors on the connectors. That it would be possible to quickly compare different types of resistors. Still tantalum resistors are the champions of the beauty of sound.
Unfortunately, BOM resistors are hard to find. I do not know any other cheap tantalum resistors.
You can try VISHAY tantalum resistors of the PNM PAT PATT and PTN series. But I did not test these resistors.

Last edited:
How about Vishay NOMC?

I had to test a lot of resistors.
I tried Susumu RG series - I did not like it.
The latest version of the DSC specifically made resistors on the connectors. That it would be possible to quickly compare different types of resistors. Still tantalum resistors are the champions of the beauty of sound.
Unfortunately, BOM resistors are hard to find. I do not know any other cheap tantalum resistors.
You can try VISHAY tantalum resistors of the PNM PAT PATT and PTN series. But I did not test these resistors.

[wiki=]%[/wiki]
I'm sorry. I mean are Pin 11 (Mute) - It's 1-high when change sample rate. In your schematic, Pin 11 used to select the NDK Reclock (Amanero at Slave mode). So, If you only use the DSD-OE pin, when next/pause can do the pop?
I use DSD_ON+MUTE_
To switch 44/48 - CLK_SEL_

Attachments

• mute+DSDon.png
    mute+DSDon.png
    52.7 KB · Views: 750