Jitter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Julf,

If the master clock is the one of the main DAC : do we need to adapt the frequency clock with dividers to feed the emmiter spidf chip in the source side ? Let say with a RPI as well (it's just to understand, have 2 SB Duet, but don't want to break those device with my bad skill).

I have maybe please a more general question about the clock wires: which is the "worse" solution at same length of cables if we can put the two devices close enough together):

1- spidf feeding with buffers (and/or multiple serie chips or passive components in serie)
2- High jack the I2S from the source if possible ? Of course with a flat SgSgSgSG wire : S(ignal)/g(round) ?

My actual understanding is 1) is a good enough solution but 2) a better one as the clock has its own non shared line (but doesn't work if length is > at something like 5 cm) ?

thank you,

Ok, my understanding with your answer is a spidf receiver can work with a large bench of frequencies.

It was as just more a theoric question as I'm planning to play with old miltibit dac chips. But have two SPIDF Sure electronics spidf W8804 receiver. Those devices are nice for fools like me : very versatil : you can switch off the hardware mode... But was very addict to the Ecdesign thread one year ago; the parts with the masterclock and buffers was a little hard to understand and I gave up...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.