need advice of TDA1545A DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Going over 1.6V can fry the chip. At least I have blown one chip up by doing this, can't recall if it was a 1545 or a 1387 though.

Haven't shown a complete schematic for the LAID DAC just outlined how it goes on the blog. I also built a DAC with 19 chips doing 2X oversampling without any digital filter two summers ago :D

You'd have to read my blog on the 'LAID' architecture to find out the details. I was using an analog FIR filter to do it.

In the end I abandoned that as NOS with a passive filter sounded better. NOS is better sounding I think because there are fewer glitches in the output. Passive filtering reduces the audio band glitching even further.

just like the datasheet said :) 22kOhm Takman REX from Vdd, then connect it to 2x33kOhm (parallel, which makes it about 16.5kOhm) Roederstein Mk4 in series..470nF vishay between the 1st and 2nd resistor :)

Attachments

• 2014-01-15-22-50-20.jpg
    2014-01-15-22-50-20.jpg
    446 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
hi..

today, i tried to lower the VRef voltage to 1.6v

but the result was disappointing :( .the sound gets more warm characteristics but it's distorted and i should turn on and off my DAC several times to got the sound comes out (maybe the chips couldn't get the callibration?..or just my phone's USB out being dumb?)

i also got some shock after touched 430V supply and sudden sound (the chips was loosen after i modded my USB-spdif output which results the sound was distorted so much :D .when i touched the chips the sound went freakin loud :blush: )

spdif coupling caps also play role here :scratch:
i changed my wima mpk10 0.1uF from my x-fi digital out to a 10pf ceramic and now it sounds more warm yet the high sounds better :scratch:
i have no idea why the digital coupling caps can sounds different :confused:

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.