TDA1541+SAA7220+CS8412+NE5534 schematic/circuit anyone ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
That's a different kit though, this needs 0-9v ac, and 12-0-12v ac supply, which I got in other dead components. I am trying to find out a little more about this, and if i can build it inside a CD player wihtout modding too much ...
Sorta get the voltage from here, get the signal from here and feed it in sort of.

Thanks.
Srinath.

Oh great, I didn't know that.
I was just looking at buying a kit and putting it in a CD player (or using a transformer I have already) and not pay for junk I got lying around.

Let me look for a non oversampling kit.
Any recomendations ? I am not too much for that analogmetric kit, its too big and too complicated and needs too many voltage feeds.

Tube follower for the dac is OK, but again I cant use the CD player cos all of these I have dont have enough room to put the transformer for that in.

Cool.
Srinath.

you can bypass the SAA7220 chip or you can make the DAC by yourself :D
they're easy to build.you can use google for the schematic :) .just search "TDA1541 DAC" .the receiver, you can use CS8412, 8414, or even 8416..
idk the difference between 8414 and 8416 but the 8412 jitter was higher than 8414 which theorically, lower jitter means better :)

there also another receiver but idk much about them :)

considering your CDP wasn't big enough for tubes, you can use either passive I/V or opamp as active I/V.you can also make a discrete I/V, but they use more space :)

I have a good many dead cassette decks, cd players and amps, and I am hoping to build the dac using one of those power supplies. Essentially I am looking to get a dac to fit a transformer I have. I dont have a tube transformer so I am good buying that one, but I dont want to buy all the power supply parts ...

That's why I wanted a schematic, I have a good many 18v DC supplies as well as 24v dc etc etc. If the thing is possibly buildable with 24 v DC I'll use one of those etc.

Thanks.
Srinath.

I think that the kit already has that. I waned to find a circuit for it just to check that and make sure.
If the diode bridge is up to the higher voltage and the caps are also higher voltage capable, I think it should be fine.
The TDA needs 5 and 15 volts, I am not sure what needs the 9v feed, but I am sure it is converted to DC and regulated down.
I have a 13-0-13 v, and a 11-0-11 and a 2.4-0-2.4 v ac trafo I believe that I liberated from a CD player.
I am going to buy a kit and see what I have to modify.

Cool.
Srinath.

11VAC means about 15.4VDC, 13VAC was around 18VDC..first thing before you connect all ICs, make sure they regulated to 5v (connected to your PSU ofc :D ) if they used variable regulator such as LM317/337.if they used 7805, no need to adjust :)

for the safe, use caps that have higher voltage rate than you used :) .and tips from me, use the lowest ESR caps available for the power supply especially for the receiver.. :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.