Strange DAC spidf effect

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This problem is troubling me and giving me a headache.

I got a dac from ebay which is fine with spidf as it's input. It actually works , but not when I use a Spidf Y splitter. There is nothing wrong with the 2 way spidf splitter.

The splitter works fine with my other systems! It's one input and two output and was bought from Maplins.

Why is the dac dead when the splitter is used in the 'line'? Can any one help please.

Attachments

• audioforum.jpg
    audioforum.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 105
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
I use one of those.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-line-level/157831-optical-splitter-used-combiner.html

My guess is that the optical output of the transmitter isn't enough to overcome the optical losses in the splitter. Its also possible the receiver in the DAC is a little low on sensitivity.

I don't know whether the specs allow for splitting or not... like splitting an aerial feed, if you have enough signal and sensitivity you can get away with it but officially its a no go.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.