ebay:Weiliang Dual X2 AK4399 DAC with LCD

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Wake up in the morning and turn on the system immediately. Worths all the work.

The modification is good but the cost of reglators is a bit high. I just bought few pieces of ADM7150 (5V and 3.3V) which is having very good specs (>90db of PSRR at 400mA and 1.6uV of noise) on the paper. I am trying to build a PCB to accomodate all external capacitors with LM and 78xx pinout to replace those expensive regulators.

Details can be seen at
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/power-supplies/253876-interested-adm7151-regulator.html

Hi I like what you have done to your dac pcb.
I have just ordered this pcb from hong kong on.
I am new to DIY electronics but I am planning to use this pcb with tube output from dac chips.
I am using two 6N6p output tubes with two 6u5c power suply tubes.
For tube circuit as per lampizator site.
The only part that confuses me is the outputs from the dac chips being dual mono.
Would I take the L+ L- from one AK4399 chip & the R+ R- from the other AK4399 chip or would I use both channels from both chips in what order.
I have only tried this with the behringer SRC 2496 which uses one dac chip.
Any help you can give me please.

Hi Dave. On the 2xAK4399 PCB each single dac handles either the left or right channel and outputs result on both it's stereo outputs. So you have not 2 (balanced) but 2x2 outputs per channel. For tube output probably most people use only the + or - part of the balanced outputs, but using + and - with a differential output stage is better IMO.

After playing one month with this outstanding dac ,with boosted PSU caps ,I return every time using LT1028 Op amp Precise not so lampized sound ,dynamic .

I was going to try LME49720HA op amps.
I am going to tap into the dac pcb for the tubes after the AK4399 just before the resistors.
I am going to have two separate sets of outputs one tubed and one op amp so I can compare both.
I'm am building it int two separate boxes one mounted on top of the other.
It's going to have six transformers in the top box with capacitors all AC will be in the top box.
The bottom box will have dac pcb display and outputs everything will be DC in the bottom box.

I am going to tap into the dac pcb for the tubes after the AK4399 just before the resistors.
I am going to have two separate sets of outputs one tubed and one op amp so I can compare both.
It's going to have six transformers in the top box with capacitors all AC will be in the top box.
The bottom box will have dac pcb display and outputs everything will be DC in the bottom box.

What improvements have you used for 2ak4399?Can photo?

volume control

Hi everyone,

some of the eBay sellers list it as a preAmp ink volume-control. have you guys any idea of that?

I purchased the X2 AK4399 WeilLiang DAC from minishow. There's no volume control on this DAC, you can choose two filters and 3 inputs using the 3 buttons. Volume control isn't implemented,it's theoretically possible though, you need to make your own micro controller program to software control the two DACs. Maybe in the future the microprocessor can be swapped for another one with the volume control implemented, I don't know, you can ask the seller/developer.

I have tried single ak4399;4396 with tube output as lampizator using 6n6p and 6n1p cathode follower . Last one didnt make any special vibes ,6n6p with 8k anodeloaded makes quite dramatic effect , when theres gain more than enough . Lampizationed NFB tube outputs are still quite coloured sounding although in many cases very musical .

in most cases, digital volume control is inferior to analog UNLESS you are running full 32bits math inside the dac AND the vol control makes use of that level of precision. 24bits is not enough and you get rounding errors and artifacts.

I do use a pair of ak4399 dacs (for my active XO system) but I use digitally controlled ANALOG volume control. not only is it better, but it can vol-control more things than just the dac's output.

in most cases, digital volume control is inferior to analog UNLESS you are running full 32bits math inside the dac AND the vol control makes use of that level of precision. 24bits is not enough and you get rounding errors and artifacts.

I do use a pair of ak4399 dacs (for my active XO system) but I use digitally controlled ANALOG volume control. not only is it better, but it can vol-control more things than just the dac's output.

I take it it would be best just to leave the volume control on full volume then.
Is this correct ?.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.