Best active crossover - 2 in 4 out?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have recently used the miniDSP 4x10 HD and it was great to use and SQ the same, but I felt it had a great deal of noise through sensitive drivers.

Are there any other alternatives at the same price that could cross-over a two way set of speakers that can match its sound, or even improve it?

Another way?

A couple months ago, I wanted to replace an old home-built analog crossover with something better. I had no money to spend, but plenty of computer stuff in my "junk" bin.

I found this: Digital Crossover/EQ with Open-Source Software: HOWTO | Richard's Stuff
and built it into an old PC, using an old Turtle Beach Montego sound card. I won't claim full audiophile quality, but it's certainly worth looking at. Zero cost to me, and very nice. Bonus, I now have a really nice music server system that I can control from a tablet anywhere in my house...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.