Build thread - building the Subbu DAC V3 SE

In case anyone can't find the thread, take a look here Modifying the Subbu V3 DAC

I built quite a few of these in the day and think they sound really good. I believe that I have an extra one built up that I would be willing to sell. PM if interested.
---Gary
For some reason, I’m unable to send you a PM. If you have an extra Subbu board, I would like to purchase it. Can you try sending me a PM?

Joined 2002
Paid Member
You should have more luck maybe to find Gary at HT Guide forum. I have two Subbu V3, I can give up one according the price (no real idea yet) if you can not find him or someone else US based as I am in France (shippment cost).

Iggy - I don't think that either of us have met. I've never been on the HT Guide forum. I'm not sure where you got that impression.
Cervelowrider and I have already started a private conversation. I'm looking through my stash of parts and finished dac boards to see what I can offer up.

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2019
My bad. Had certainly swapped someone else name.

Anyway. Happy to meet you here. Are you from USA as the member I believed you were ? Let me know how you sold yours for a fair offer to sold mine for RogerGustavsson or of course give to him an offer directly. I am not looking for to sold one of mine. Just have too much dacs.
Cheers.

Last edited:
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Are you from USA as the member I believed you were ? Let me know how you sold yours for a fair offer to sold mine . . .
Yes, I live in northern California, between San Francisco and San Jose.

Figuring out what to ask is really the biggest challenge. I'm mostly interested in getting idle audio components to worthy recipients. The goal is to ask enough to scare off people who might be tempted to turn around and resell things for profit. But not so much that it seems unreasonable to a potential buyer. Not an easy calculation :unsure: .