DSP for the Raspberry Pi

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Very interesting project. I have just got in to the world of Raspberry Pi and really like what you can do with it in such a small package and low power consumption. I am currently waiting for my HiFiBerry DAC to arrive.

I have many years experience with Linux. Although it has been a while since I did any serious C development, I mainly use JAVA now, I am sure I could help out with any software development you need to do with this project.

Hi Steve,

one major task that is still to do is a web interface that allows easy configuration of filter setups. It will be open-source and open to program not only this DSP, but also others. It should run on the Raspberry itself. A full Java application server on the Raspberry looks like overkill, therefore I'm thinking of a slim alternative, e.g. Python or Ruby. The GUI needs some Javascript programming. At the moment I don't have much time for this project, but with your help we might speed things up. Contact me by mail to info at crazy-audio dot com to discuss the details.

Daniel

If you were wanting to make a 2 way xover using dsp, and if you already figured out the slopes, xover points ; how hard would it be to implement? is there someone with programming knowledge who could compile it?
I am not a programmer but would like to use the volumio/Rpi+dac combination with dsp for an active 2 way speaker project;

I am not a programmer but would like to use the volumio/Rpi+dac combination with dsp for an active 2 way speaker project;

There is someone who already done it with volumio and raspi, try google dsp volumio raspberry

On cubieboard, I successfully implemented brutefir with MPD. It works.

I have not yet check the software DSP with raspberry.

For me, it should be work : the CPU has enough power.

But I think for now, software DSP have less ergonomics than hardware DSP and hardware connexions have to be robust.

As I have a hifiberry and a raspberry I will check that this week end.

Regards,

Christian.

Hi Guys!
Any progress since last post? I am very interested in the rasPI/x-over/DSP possibilities, and have read all posts with great intrest so far. The form format and the price of the PI opens up a whole new world of possibilities for DIY speaker builders like my self.
Keep the news coming! ;-)

It would be excellent to make another board a step higher with the ADAU1451 (or ADAU1450 or ADAU1452) which has a MUCH improved process wafer and efficiency...

digital only with a i2s input (and possibly a spdif input) and i2s outputs (and possibly also spdif outputs) .

(maybe also high quality DACs for all channels.)

thanks

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
any news about this project?

I read that the new Raspberry Pi 2 CPU is based on architecture Cortex-A7 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARM_Cortex-A7 which supports the Neon SIMD extensions. What about the new performance on FFT? The GPU of Raspberry Pi 2 is the same of Raspberry Pi and as consequence it has the same performance on computing FFT http://www.raspberrypi.org/accelerating ... g-the-gpu/.
What about the DSP contained in the CPU Broadcom BCM2836 of Raspberry Pi 2?
Thank you

Joined 2007
Paid Member
I have exactly the same think.
Maybe it could be interesting a linux distro with an audio server
And plugin for dsp....
I just ordered a raspberry pi 2 to see....
Another alternative may be stm32f4

I just ran across this thread and offer the following For Your Information. Perhaps some of the ideas can be adapted to RPi.

I am working with BBB, which is being employed to render asynchronous music files using the native clock frequency. There exists a Linux distribution with a choice of players and I am using the BBB ARM processor for DSP. It is unreasonable to expect the ARM chips to execute a well optimized FIR-based crossover. Satisfactory IIR crossover filters exist and can be run in ALSA at frequencies up to 192kHz, adapting to the sample frequency of the file. The focus of this design is to avoid any resampling and results have been encouraging. A thread exists at: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/twisted-pear/277564-ladspa-filters-digital-crossovers-bbb.html

Best wishes!

I just ran across this thread and offer the following For Your Information. Perhaps some of the ideas can be adapted to RPi.

I am working with BBB, which is being employed to render asynchronous music files using the native clock frequency. There exists a Linux distribution with a choice of players and I am using the BBB ARM processor for DSP. It is unreasonable to expect the ARM chips to execute a well optimized FIR-based crossover. Satisfactory IIR crossover filters exist and can be run in ALSA at frequencies up to 192kHz, adapting to the sample frequency of the file. The focus of this design is to avoid any resampling and results have been encouraging. A thread exists at: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/twisted-pear/277564-ladspa-filters-digital-crossovers-bbb.html

Best wishes!

thx,
I'll have a look

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.