USB I2S 384khz E9023

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi diyaudio-ers,

Recently I started on a project to build a digital media player based on Raspberry Pi. Using this as a digital source, I started to dive into the world of diyaudio, with zero electronics background.

Managed to get the Raspberry (running RaspyFi) playing with Behringer UCA222 without any glitches.

As the diy spirit grew in me :D, I started my journey to purchase the DAC 24192 ULN (Sabre E9023) link: DAC 24192 ULN 24bit 192kHz DAC I2S Input Ultra Low Noise Regulator Circuit | eBay

and gotten the XMOS 384kHz high-quality USB to I2S from DIYINHK. (XMOS 384kHz high-quality USB to I2S PCB with ultralow noise 6.5uV regulator - DIYINHK)

Checked their clocks and found them to be compatible.

When I've gotten both the devices, hooked them up on the I2S interface to the DAC, powered up the DAC and started playing on the Raspberry.

Was elated when I heard the first 2 seconds of audio from my headphones, it was beautiful music.... And all of a sudden it paused for 0.5 seconds. :eek: This repeated consistently after 2-3 seconds of music is being played.

Moved onto Windows installed the driver and tried again. Same problem. No matter what files I played, FLACs (44.1khz 16 bit), mp3s, all resulted in the same issue.

I checked through the Spy tool that came with the driver, however, found no missing or empty packets. Everything "seems" to be streaming perfectly from the interface point.

Does anyone has similar experiences and/or could guide me into troubleshooting this problem?

I have XMOS and DAC E9023 from DIYINHK and dont have any problems .
I check it on Windows 7 64 and XP 32.

Hi Anatoly,

The issue I have is not with DIYINHK's E9023, rather the one from eBay by Sellarz Electronics. I was under the impression that I2S is a standard and will work across different implementations, however, I could be wrong. Right now, I"m awaiting the arrival of DIYINHK's E9023 to have a go to see if things work properly.

Thanks for the advice. I look forward to these stuffs once I can get the basic devices up and running. :)

Out of curiosity, do you add a clock to the DIYINHK's E9023? I read on their website, this will allow async operatons. And also there's mention of low pass RC. Does anyone actually mod these onto the board?

I have XMOS DSD DXD 384kHz high-quality USB to I2S/DSD PCB in my DAC. I have Windows 7 -64. When i try to install or connect in USB- Its immediately installing USB2.0 High_speed True HDAudio driver (with error) and this drivers dont let to install DIYINHK DXIO Stereo USB Audio Driver v2.23 drivers.

I tried many things-- using manager delete all drivers USD2.0 High-Speed True HDAudio. reboted-- instull new drivers-- after it driver ask me to connect my USB deivce (DAC) and when i connect windows immidiatly put their won driver USB2.) High-Speed ( but even this drivers for my dac with error kode 10)

Pls Help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.