DRC & Active Xover with non calibrated ECM-8000 ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I just bought a not too old ECM-8000 Behringer micro. And waiting for an EMU pre USB2 with phantom alim in second hand too.

In my mind it was the king of the non expensive micro for measurement and I wanted to be free for quality of acquisition (Dac) and noise (Phantom alim). I see now USB mic but what about the noise (USB powering?)

i just have lerned that the recent ECM-8000 have bader capsule than before and are not so flat (picture).

Are the new good enough for measurement and DRC ? Do I need to put a calibration file with the middle valors of a few measured. Which one the Behringer one (but is it the old one?) or the values of Spectrum site which took 85 micros and measure them ?

Or is it a crasy idea becaise my living room even at 1 meter of the speakers and worse at the listening position don't care ?:scratch:

The second link is a calibration report of Spectrum but is there some enough concistency in Behringer production to take these values ?

Thank you if you experienced such problem ?

Attachments

• ecm8000_frequency_response_large.jpg
    ecm8000_frequency_response_large.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 53
  • 001_basic_mic_report.pdf
    543.6 KB · Views: 25
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.