Help modding the Xiang Sheng DAC-01A

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

First time poster here. I have an interesting problem with this DAC.

First off, I should say I have no experience in diyaudio, so I apologize in advance for being unclear or misusing words.

So this DAC was recommended to me by a forum member as a DAC and preamp solution. Many might know that there are versions of this out here that are identical in design to the Grant Fidelity tubedac09 and that there are instructions on how to convert it so that it controls both the headphone amp as well as the various sources the DAC can accept. There are three different versions on the GF sight, complete with pictures and instructions on how to move the jumper cables to make this easily happen.

So I bought one off eBay only to find the innards completely different from the three versions on huge GF site. Those instructions can be found here.

So...does anyone have any experience or idea how to mod this design? I emailed the manufacturer and I was told the mod is not possible.

Any help would be appreciated. I could always use it as a tube buffer and get a separate preamp, but I bought it in the first place as an economical solution to having both a tubedac and preamp.

Cheers, Chris

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    736 KB · Views: 239
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.