Recommendations For 75 Ohm Digital Wire - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th September 2013, 03:05 PM   #21
ChrisA is offline ChrisA  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihear21khz View Post
If you want to go better, use the same Beldon cable from bluejeans but with BNC termination and mod your equipment to use 75ohm BNC termination. Google bluejeans cable...
Yes, this is the assuming part. People spend all kind of money of magic wire when what really matters is the connectors. You'd think they first swap out connectors on their equipment.

The entire professional audio world uses Nuetrik XLR connectors but those require a balanced signal that aren't used in consumer gear. For single ended audio frequency signals the only trouble with RCA is that they don't lock and it's just a friction fit.
Old 18th September 2013, 03:14 PM   #22
DF96 is offline DF96  England
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetubeguy1954
Still I was hoping someone else here might, possibly share my outlook of; a properly matched transport, digital wire & DAC will have a unique sound,
If they share that outlook then you can safely ignore their advice.
Old 18th September 2013, 03:25 PM   #23
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to thetubeguy1954
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffforrest View Post
Since you have already made up your mind that digital cables have a "sound", why are you bothering to ask here?
cliffffffffff,

I asked my question because:
  • like every other diyAudio member. I have the right to ask my question(s) here.

• after perusing the different possible places to ask my question(s) on this issue. I felt asking my question here was the most appropriate spot to do so.

• despite your outlook on wires. I've discovered some members, even those who are primarily measurement & spec oriented, believe digital wires have their own unique sound.

• not all members here are prone to responding to others who disagree with their POV on a topic with smart alec, snide remark.

Hopefully that is a sufficient enough response to your question. Now I undertsand you certainly have the right to do so. Due to your past history of aggressive and very confrontational responses to my posts in Audio Asylum and IIRC even here in diyAudio as well. I don't know why you'd even bother to respond to any questions I post. Perhaps you noticed every one who posted believed that digital wires that are properly matched to the components they'll be used with, will have no unique sound? Did you also notice even though they disagreed with my POV. Not one single person ---{besides yourself that is}--- questioned why I'd post my question here? Especially since you'll have nothing of value to add in direct response to the question(s).

Thetubeguy1954 (Tom Scata)
Old 18th September 2013, 03:33 PM   #24
diyAudio Member

Trolling again!

Sad. And pointless.
Old 18th September 2013, 03:36 PM   #25
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffforrest View Post
Trolling again!
Don't think so. I know Tom, and he is a very sincere guy. I firmly believe that he's sincerely wrong, but no way he's trolling.
Old 18th September 2013, 03:58 PM   #26
BTW is offline BTW
diyAudio Member

I have used this Oyaide cable .. very good value for money..

DR-510 / DB-510 ????????????????????????????????oyaide?

If you can try switching from RCA connectors to BNC.. BNC sounds much better than RCAs on my Shigaclone and BII Dac
Old 18th September 2013, 04:19 PM   #27
marce is offline marce  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

How do you know your system is matched, have the PCB traces been laid out to have a 75 ohm characteristic impedance, I would say not, and even then you can expect +/-20% if you are lucky, same with connectors etc., but for this application it doesn't really matter or make any difference to the signal integrity.
Old 18th September 2013, 04:20 PM   #28
marce is offline marce  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
If you can try switching from RCA connectors to BNC.. BNC sounds much better than RCAs on my Shigaclone and BII Dac
How and why...
Old 18th September 2013, 05:28 PM   #29
DF96 is offline DF96  England
diyAudio Member

All questions are sensible. Some answers are not.
Old 18th September 2013, 06:05 PM   #30
xjr100 is offline xjr100  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetubeguy1954 View Post
Hi guys I'm looking for recommendations for the most realistic sounding 75 ohm, digital wire you've heard that comes available with RCA connectors.
Thetubeguy1954 (Tom Scata)
Tom, DH-Labs have new D-750 cable. Do not spend more than it costs. Ready cable will cost you ~130$

I have it's predecessor - D-75 - quite impressive if you compare to other digital cables.

Have not heard D-750, but it should be slightly better then D-75, as DH-Labs says.

Hide this!Advertise here!