Would this crossover scheme work?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I built some monitors, and will eventually build subs as well. I will be powering each with a discreet power amplifier.

was wondering if a digital EQ like this carvin: Carvin.com : EQ430 X-DRIVE FOUR CHANNEL EQUALIZER would work as a crossover and time delay as follows:

- engage the low or high pass filter accordingly for each of the monitors and subs (they are sweepable full range, so can be finely tuned)...the manual states that they are 4th order Butterworth.
- use the time delay to compensate for the subs being positioned further away than the mains

Anything I'm not thinking of? Alternative solutions?

I built some monitors, and will eventually build subs as well. I will be powering each with a discreet power amplifier.

was wondering if a digital EQ like this carvin: Carvin.com : EQ430 X-DRIVE FOUR CHANNEL EQUALIZER would work as a crossover and time delay as follows:

- engage the low or high pass filter accordingly for each of the monitors and subs (they are sweepable full range, so can be finely tuned)...the manual states that they are 4th order Butterworth.
- use the time delay to compensate for the subs being positioned further away than the mains

Anything I'm not thinking of? Alternative solutions?

Have you considered the $350 Behringer Ultradrive Pro 6-channel digital crossover? My neighbor removed the passive crossover from his Magnepans and now tri-amplifies via an Ultradrive Pro digital crossover in to six channels of power amplification. Very nice sound.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=248-669

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.