LClock Schematics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Several persons have expressed the wish to view our schematics for various versions LClock.
Therefore i have decided to make them all available here on diyaudio.com, so you can build them freely as you like.

To make it easier to oversee everything i will post the 4 basic schematics in cronological order. (Lclock 1, Lclock 2/C2, Lclock XO/XO2, Lclock XO3).

But please bear with me, i have to find them, check them and brush them up a bit as i go, so it might take a week or two before all schematics are posted.

Here is the first one LClock 1:

Attachments

• lcl1dia.gif
    lcl1dia.gif
    16.1 KB · Views: 6,887
Peranders: You are right, series resonant mode is better than parallel resonant mode, because the impedance of the crystal in series mode is much lower than in parallel mode. This leads to lower noise sensitivity.
And inside of a CD or DVD player there is plenty of digital noise to disturb the oscillator.

In the two above early LClock's we used parallel resonant mode, as it is the simplest to work with. Later on it will change to series resonance mode.

Hi!

jean-paul said:
Respect for you Lars but beware Lars, don't give away too much or your designs will be copied by people with commercial interests ....

I do not think that that will be a problem. Commercial firms copying high end stuff only do so, if a high profi margin can be expected. But hifi tuning with additional clocks is such a "Hi-Fi-Geek"-stuff, that they probably won't bother.

Unless a manufacturer for CD/DVD/SCD-players would like to use that design in theri products, in that case, why not? If manifacturers chose to improve their products, so be it...

And for example the complete circuit of "The End Millenium XP" is also available at LCAudio's site, but I do not know of any rip-offs so far...

Bye,

Arndt

LC Audio XO3 clock caper...

I installed XO2 in a Cambridge CD6 one or two years ago.
I was able to decipher installation with the help of LC Audio web page...

Ordered LC Audio XO3 and 220 power supply for my Rega Planet.

It came with no instructions.
I was on my own.

Nothing on LC Audio's web site...
E-mailed LC Audio to no avail...
They never bothered to reply...
Kevin could not help...

Not shure where to hook up power supply...so i sent the player to Parts Connexion who did an excellent job installing it for me. I had it within a week.

The clock cost me 500$.
Never again!

Twangster

I don't think that he has to worry about many high-end companies "borrowing" his design.

You assume that they understand any of it.

Most don't. It is easy just to BS everyone that they do. Which is what most do.

The few that would "borow" it, would have to add more parts.

Lots more parts............

Jocko

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.