LClock Schematics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
They are very good for audio (Vishay MMA0204 series) These are the best SMD resistors for low 3rd harmonic distortion available. And low noise too ...

Lars,

Did you mean BC Components (Beyschlag) instead of Vishay?

Interesting comment though - have you personally measured these and what else you you compared them with?

Regards,

Andy.

peranders said:
Elso, Guido, next thing for you are series resonance oscillators, not so hard to design but the trouble is to get crystals, 99.999% of all crystals are for parallel mode. But.... it's not very expensive to order special crystals.

The crystals are specified for parallel mode, but any crystal can operate in either mode. The question is, at what frequency will it oscillate in series mode? It will be slightly different from the parallel frequency. If you need an exact frequency, that would be a problem but for our purposes it shouldn't matter.

You know that........and I know that.....

And I get tired of repeating it.

I suggest that both of "you guys" measure the frequency repsonse of a crystal some time.

It is obvious that neither of you ever have. You are talking apples and oranges with your constant confusion over crystal terminology vs oscillator tank terminology.

End of rant.

Jocko

In case we're still having trouble with the series/parallel concept, here's impedance vs. frequency for a typical crystal. Fs is the series point, Fa is the anti-resonant (parallel) point. When you add capacitors in the oscillator, the crystal operates somewhere between Fs and Fa.

Attachments

• screenshot-11.png
    screenshot-11.png
    4.5 KB · Views: 3,122
Lars Clausen said:
ALW: Normally i would use the 50 ppm parts, they are by far stable enough for my purposes.

However the ones on the picture are 0.1% 10ppm parts, because i had them in the drawer for another application.

:confused:
Lars, my old and beautiful original LC-Audio XO clock has a 5ppm crystal.
Now you use 50ppm?
Doesn't it make a difference?

Carlosfm: In that post i was talking about MMA0204 resistors in amplifier design, NOT crystals.

Since you asked the question about my company's product, i will reply, that we still use 5 ppm. XTAL's in LClock XO3, but they are adjusted to 1 ppm, so the important spec is not really the initial accuracy, but rather the temperature coecifient. Here the spec is 10 ppm 10-50C.

You others: I am working on some other development work right now, taking all my time. So as i said, it may take a couple of weeks before i can post the schematics of XO3 as well.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.