DCX as EQ for each driver, REW # BANDS Limited

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Trying to equalize each individual driver response using REW SPL frequency response graphs. The DCX runs out of "processing power" when plugging in the EQ's for the third driver.

Is there a way to reduce the number of bands that REW outputs for the EQ when I export the settings?

Is there something obvious I am missing to free up processing power on the DCX 2496?

I have it in a three way configuration with left and right linked. I am going into the unit digital, from the deq 2496. I also have the crossover doing short delay correction.

I would like to equalize the drivers individually just around the crossover points, so I figure I can reduce the number of filters in REW for the limited range at the x over point, then I can do it with less filters, and the DCX should not overload.

So this really is a REW question I presume.

Thanks

I myself do exact same thing. I try REW for this task but it is waaay to uncontrollable. I do it manualy with much less individual EQs and very fast.

Here is what i do:

Export your desired acoustic XO slope /AXOS/ so it can be imported in HOLM.
A quite few programs can do this - most easily is Rephase it can be done with Audition - some Excel spreadsheet etc...

Put AXOS in one slot - measure driver to other - try some DCX slope and XO type at different frequencies to get in close to your desired AXOS.
Line up level. When you are close enough use some EQ - it rarely take more than 2-3 PEQ.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.